Chapter Eighty Three

Just as he came into view, she let all the boundaries and barriers crumble as she rushed to him falling at his feet breaking completely letting out heart wrenching cries

Krishna stared down at her with his heart aching enormously for the girl in immense agony. She had suffered so much more than anyone could take and it worried him even more for what was still awaiting her.

He crouched down holding her with a disheartened look, his eyes filling up with a portion of tears she had been shedding since forever as a croaked whisper escaped his lips, "Sakhi?"

She chocked on her cries not being able to breathe as all the pain that had been strangling her since so long, tears continuously streaming down drowning her in them, "W-Why Govind?!"

She wanted to say a lot of things, cry to him, yell at him but her voice was betraying her. She wanted answers to a lot of things which she knew only he would be able to provide out of everybody. The only one who she had been holding all her shattering hopes on.

"I-I lost my—" She found it unable to complete between gasps of air and sobs while being pulled in a hug by him as he could not bear that sight and that disheartening voice.

"Please forgive me, Drishti." She heard him whisper faintly against her ear. "I couldnt save you."

She knew he did but also he didnt. She wouldnt be sitting there and crying if he had, completely. "What was my fault Govind? Why did it happen to me when all I wanted was to save everybody? Why?!"

Krishna found it hard to answer but did anyways, "You tried to change the fate, Drishti and I had always warned you of the consequences. Even a single change could bring a lot of destruction."

She stared at him in desperation and hopelessness at the loss of words. She didnt know what kind of the mess her life had become which was getting into more and more knots every passing day. She never imagined to be meeting this kind of a fate ever.

She kept on wailing at his feet as her heart could not bear recalling everything that had happened a few hours ago and knew it would surely haunt her for ever. Just when she was all silent and numb from all the pain, she sat beside him hugging her knees with a dull face staring in the darkness looming in the room.

"If it was my fault," She broke the silence in her cracked voice, "Then why did you save me from that humiliation?"

She turned to face him and saw he remained silent for a while and then it dawned upon her as she recalled the day of the Rajsuya Yajna, "Did all of this happen to me because it was my piece of cloth that was tied to you?"

Before he could even begin, she had a lot of disturbingly curious thoughts clouding her mind as her whole being was aching for several answers, "I covered up for Draupadi when she laughed at Duryodhan? I declared the punishment? I gave Draupadi the cloth to tie to your hand—"