Chapter Hundred and Eleven

Drishti breathed heavily, unable to scream on the top of her lungs at the sight in front of her

Drishti breathed heavily, unable to scream on the top of her lungs at the sight in front of her. Her wide haunted eyes looking around at the battlefield full of bloodshed and corpses. She ran, trying to escape the horrific sight but she just couldnt come out, it was everywhere.

She halted suddenly to find someone standing in front of her with his back facing her, cramped with armour on his upper body letting it known that he too was a warrior but he had no weapons with him. With a fearful feeling in her heart, she started approaching him, slowly recognising who it was.

"Angraj?" She breathed out in disbelief on realising it was him. He was alive. She immediately ran towards him calling his name again, "Angra-"

She was interrupted by her own mortifying scream as right before reaching to him, she halted on seeing an arrow pierce him straight at heart and coming out at the back, so fast causing droplets of blood to spurt on her as Angraj fell to the ground. He was dea-

"Drishti!" Another scream pulled Drishti out of whatever horrifying nightmare she was having, to find herself in her room as her wide eyes looked around in shock while panting badly. "Drishti? Look at me!"

Breathing heavily, Drishti turned to see it was Chitrangada beside her all worried and scared. "What is happening to you, Drishti? What did you see?"

Her voice was almost as echo as Drishti could hear her own heartbeat thump badly in her ears. She just couldnt force her voice out while her eyes grew more scared on realising it was late afternoon and the war must be going on in the battlefield.

"Drishti!" Chitrangada shook her gently again to bring her out of her trance, gaining her attention, "Do you even know what happened last night?"

Drishti blinked, perplexed and oblivious trying to force her mind back to recall whatever Chitrangada was implying on as she reached forward to cup her face with one hand, "Drishti you passed out last night and Arya carried you in. You wouldnt wake up at all, until now, everybody was so worried for you and why were you screaming in your sleep?"

A part of her grew even more stunned on hearing that but she could recall some blurred memories from last night. Shooting stars, Arjun, disguise, going into the woods, sitting by the lake, Angraj Karn by her side-

An inaudible gasp left her as she remembered all of it completely. She had sneaked out last night with a purpose, to make Angraj Karn abandon the war but he denied quitting that meant he must have gone to the battlefield today. The extreme horror of what might have been happening in there dawned upon her.

Her wide fearful gaze went straight to the open window which made it quite evident that dusk was near and just like that her heartbeat was increasing insanely. All she knew that she could not afford to lose anyone now, especially him.

Getting out of the bed and standing up immediately, Drishti almost stumbled as her vision went white, she knew it was the result of all the starving she did, meanwhile Chitrangda extremely worried from beside her stood up as well and exclaimed holding her, "Drishti, calm down! Where are you going?! Arya has strictly ordered for you to rest, sto-"