Chapter Ninety Three

Just as Drishti heard, Drashika was still inside the burning hut, she lost all her sense as her heart suddenly stopped beating

Just as Drishti heard, Drashika was still inside the burning hut, she lost all her sense as her heart suddenly stopped beating. Her eyes almost bulged out with fear and anxiety in them as without giving even a second of thought she was already running inside.

"Drishti! No!" She was stopped by Supriya holding her arm worriedly. She tried to get out of her grip, "Supriya, my daughter is inside! I need to go!"

For a mere second Supriya's eyebrows furrowed, she wondered who was this girl Drishti was calling her daughter. She never had any children. Drishti yanked away her grip and ran towards the blazing ashram while Supriya watched her go astounded, "Drishti stop!"

Drishti could find no way to get inside the ashram as all four of the only gates were burning very badly and it seemed completely impossible to surpass them. Drishti pushed in every window only to be met with thick gust of smoke coming out of inside as she coughed badly and tried to peek in to find her daughter, "Drashika! Can you hear me? Where are you?"

Meanwhile from outside, Duryodhan, Dushasan and Karn could see from a distance confused that Drishti was running around the ashram desperately while at the other end, Guruma could be seen fainting as all the children tried to bring her back to senses.

"What is she doing?" Dushasan asked confused while holding a grave look in his eyes. Karn called for Supriya who came running to them and answered breathlessly, "She says her daughter is stuck inside."

For a second all of them halted. What? They exchanged a couple of confused and shocked glances before they were reminded that now Drishti could not be seen anywhere around the ashram and suddenly they all stopped breathing.

Did she go inside the burning ashram?

"Where did she go?" Duryodhan exclaimed worried and horrified and quickly ordered the soldiers accompanying him to step inside and find Drishti as they themselves couldnt step in.

Meanwhile stumbling her way unable to breath at all, Drishti tried to find any clue of Drashika. Her eyes stung with the excessive smoke and whole body felt like it was set on fire as tiny sparks from all around were colliding her now, she feared if the roof would fall over any moment now.

She needed to find Drashika quickly.

As much as she tried to yell for her, her voice came out hoarse and cracked, not loud enough to be heard amidst the chaos. Suddenly a major portion of the roof burnt to ashes fell right in front of her feet and she flinched, looking up to see the full moon sky visible from the hole created in the roof. Her eyes welled up, "Help me save our daughter, Kritika."

She turned around abruptly on hearing the rustling of feet behind her in hopes of finding Drashika but no, the soldiers were approaching her offering her a thick blanket, "Please move out, Devi."

Drishti ignored them, snatching the blanket wrapping it around herself to prevent the tiny sparks scratching her bare arms every once in while and continued to yell for Drashika.