Chapter Ninety Seven

"Happy birthday, Maa!" Just as Karnika's voice boomed through the entrance of the ashram, Drishti's smile widened on seeing all the kids arriving

"Happy birthday, Maa!" Just as Karnika's voice boomed through the entrance of the ashram, Drishti's smile widened on seeing all the kids arriving. She was instantly met with them running straight inside the ashram tackling her in a tight bear hug.

Drishti laughed heartily, holding them a little longer knowing they were going to part soon as in a day or two Drishti would be leaving for Dwarka with her family. Her eyes roamed on all of them as she savoured their smiling faces in her memory wondering is she'll be able to survive without seeing them in Dwarka.

Pulling away after a while, Drishti chuckled picking up the tiniest one of them in her arms, "Why are you all so late now? I am offended." 

"Well," Drumsena began side eyeing his sister, "Someone took a little too long for your birthday gift."

Drishti's eyebrows furrowed with a smile as she glanced at Devika who pretended to heave an annoyed sigh in her brother's direction, "Dont listen to him, Maa he's just upset he couldnt get you anything nice."

"I've told you guys already, I dont want anything from you," Drishti implored, "The tree house was already enough."

"Nothing can be ever enough to express how much we all love you." Lakshmana said reaching out to once again hug Drishti and Drishti just remembered it was her swayamvar tomorrow and suddenly her chest caved in.

Cupping her face lightly, Drishti held a sad smile, "And I'll still love you all more than anything."

"Okay, we should go to the tree house now," Lakshman spoke up pulling his sister back playfully, "Before Lakshmana starts weeping again, tomorrow she'll be doing a lot of it again."

Drishti's eyes didnt miss the look that striked both Lakshmana and Vrishsena's face, but both tried to mask it away with a smile. Drishti didnt want to bring the topic up at that moment knowing the intensity of it but she mentally noted to have a chat with Lakshmana about it before they all leave.

Moving towards the tree house with the other kids of the ashram, Drishti was again being fed with the princess treatment which made her laugh a lot. Before they stepped in Drishti was blind folded as the kids said there was something more than just the tree house as her gift.

"Okay, how long will I have to stay like this?" Drishti asked after being sat on a chair inside the tree house while trying to control her laughter on hearing the silent chaos with the arrangement.

"Just a minute." It was Devika sounding hurried meanwhile Drishti could hear several rustling sounds she wondered what was going on.

"Can I help with something?" Drishti halted on hearing Draupadi's voice and was almost about to removed the blindfold but was stopped by Draupadi herself, "Drishti, dont."

The room was now utterly silent, Drishti didnt know what she was supposed to do at the moment. The kids and Draupadi have never met each and Drishti suddenly felt the anxious urge to do the introductions fearing if something might go wrong.