Chapter Twenty Four | Twins Duel

Drishti stared bored at the bright colourful clothes sprawled in front of her on the large bed in Dushala's room

Drishti stared bored at the bright colourful clothes sprawled in front of her on the large bed in Dushala's room. Her mother and Kunti were there as well, helping Dushala decide what she was going to wear two days from now.

A letter from Duryodhan who was currently at Sindh with his friend, brother and uncle, said they'll be arriving at Hastinapur two days later with the king of Sindh, Jaydrath, who has accepted Dushala's hand in marriage and a small ceremony will be held to fix Dushala's marriage with him.

Drishti had been distressed. Knowing what awful kind of a man, Dushala is going to get married to, she had been extremely worried for her best friend who in her opinion doesnt deserve the person she had agreed to.

Its been five days since Duryodhan left with others, five days since Drishti had been living in misery. Her life was as dull as a writhed flower. She was missing her friends and him. But she was glad her wait was going to be over in two days. Two more days to pass and then she'll finally see him back.

"This or that?" Kunti asked Drishti showing two pieces of jewelry to which Drishti responded with a yawn gaining a wide eyed look from Kunti.

"I am sorry, Mata Kunti, but I am so tired can I just go to my room and sleep?" Drishti whined like a kid, a chuckle and nod from Gandhari granted her the permission while Kunti shook her head with a smile and Dushala was just lost in her own world.

"Thanks" Drishti said in a slurry voice getting up and dragging her feet out of Dushala's room tiredly.

"Hey future girl!" Drishti turned to a playful voice that belonged to Nakul who stood with his younger brother by his side.

"Hey there!" Drishti waved with a bright smile approaching the twins.

"I see you are roaming around the castle all sad and bored all the time, why is that?" Nakul asked, Drishti always admired how playful he sounded all the time. Rolling her eyes with a small smile she spoke "My friends are not here, how do you expect me to be all happy and cheery?"

"Pretty reasonable." Nakul remarked and threw an arm around Sahadev's shoulder asking, "But if you wish to enjoy a bit, you are most welcome to come and watch us duel."

"Duel?" Drishti asked impressed gaining a nod from Sahadev who explained "Its our practising time, and from last time a duel between me and Nakul was pending, so we were just heading to there and you are free to join and watch us with our brothers if you like."

Drishti fell into thinking if she'd sit there with in the presence of that one annoying Pandava. In all these days she had managed to avoid him effortlessly and not ruin her mood any further but if she agrees to the offer of Nakul and Sahadev she will have to ruin her mood a little.

"What is taking so long?" Nakul snapped in front of her face bringing her out of her trance. She opened her mouth several times to speak and finally agreed despite the little hesitation she had in heart "Okay, I'll come."