Chapter Twenty Six | Selfish

After having an amiable and quick chat of introduction with Ashwathama, Drishti just stormed off from that place as she no longer wished to be in the vicinity of her friend's future husband

While sprinting across the corridors Drishti's eye fell on the little crowd of Pandavas and a few more men stood with them, causing her to stop out of curiousity and peer in their direction only causing one of the men to call her out "Drishti!"

It was Pitamah Bheeshma. Lightly groaning to herself in desperation, as she had something else on her list that moment but due to her curiousity, she was stuck again even if it was for a brief while.

"Yes Pitamah?" Putting up a bright smile she approached the crowd and felt so authoritative when everybody made way for her. Her eyes focussed on Pitamah could see he too was in a good mood as he was also smiling, which was so rare nowadays.

"Let's introduce you to the greatest personality of the whole Aryavrat—" Pitamah spoke rather proudly gesturing to an unrecognisable man, dressed like a saint or something and had really serious look etched over his face. "— Guru Dron!"

"Oh!" Drishti exclaimed loudly as it was her natural reaction. Quickly joining her hands and bowing slightly she greeted him "Pranipaat Guru Dron, I am extremely grateful I got a chance to meet you."

Smiling lightly the Guru raised his hand blessing her "I have heard a lot about you, Devi Drishti— and all the pleasure was mine."

As she chit chatted with him sweetly and politely, Arjun from behind whispered in his brother's ear "Look at her, she is faking it. She is never this nice."

"What has she ever done to you?" Bheem asked in a whisper as he to him being slightly irritated. Arjun just rolled his eyes.

"Or maybe she treats everyone accordingly and you get what you deserve according to her." Nakul shrugged playfully causing Sahadev to snort and Arjun to fume.

"I am really glad Guru Dron that you'll be blessing us with your presence till Dushala's wedding" Pitamah spoke to Guru Dron meanwhile Drishti mentally rolled her eyes muttering under her breath "Not happening"

"What?" She jumped slightly startled on hearing Arjun's voice from behind her and turned to see wide eyed that he stood close enough to hear her "What did you say?"

"None of your concern I guess, eavesdropper." Drishti glared at him.

"I was not eavesdropping, okay?" Arjun said folding his arms "You just have a naturally loud mouth."

"Oh really?" Drishti squinted her eyes at him "Then why didnt anybody else hear me?"

"Because they are not interested in whatever you do or say" Arjun said coldly while the others were busy chit chatting and him and Drishti didnt even realise that while bickering they have separated from the crowd.