Chapter Hundred and One

Walking through the hallways with a heavy heart and crowded mind, Drishti was lost in her thoughts with a tired and troubled look on her face

Walking through the hallways with a heavy heart and crowded mind, Drishti was lost in her thoughts with a tired and troubled look on her face. It had been over a week now when she last saw Karn that day when he was told the biggest truth of his whole existence. She hadnt stopped thinking about him ever since. How could she when she had witnessed the pain in his eyes and voice right there?

And the worst part about all of it was that no one, absolutely no one could do anything.

The whole Aryavrat was now ready for the great war that was in front of them. All the kings and kingdom were coming forward to offer their support to the either sides.

Recently Arjun and Duryodhan had a meeting with Krishna where they had to choose between the huge and undefeatable Narayani sena and Krishna himself, but unarmed. Obviously Arjun chose Krishna as he would in any state or condition.

The Pandavas were satisfied with Krishna's presence on their side confirming that they were on the right path, while Drishti was despite their satisfaction, worried for the other side. She couldnt say it out loud but she was infact gravely worried for them as well. After knowing what is ahead of them, how could she stop her heart from aching for them, whom once she called her family?

No matter how hard she tried to explain it to herself that what was to happen would happen anyhow, neither she nor nobody else could change it. It was their destiny, all of theirs.

Walking, while lost in those disheartening thoughts, Drishti halted suddenly on hearing two people talk at a distance in front of her.

"Today another proposal came for Pandav kumar Arjun." A maid spoke to the other unknown to Drishti's presence nearby causing her eyebrows to furrow.

"Didnt four came for him yesterday as well?" Another one asked causing Drishti's chest to cave in.

Her husband was getting marriage proposals?! And that too that much?!?

"Yeah right," The maid nodded, "The kings offering their support to the Pandavas are so desperate to get their daughters married to the Pandavas, espcially Pandav Kumar Arjun."

"I wonder if his sixth wife will be arriving soon." The maid giggled causing the other one to chuckle. Meanwhile Drishti was left there astounded, what did she just hear?

The maids went on with their chattering strolling down the hallway while Drishti glared at them as they walked away. She was completely unaware of the fact the Pandavas were getting marriage proposals and to quote the maid 'especially Arjun'. How come she never knew of it?

She hadnt had a proper conversation with her husband since the night she kissed him and now blinking slowly she realised it is almost going to be a month since she ever even talked to him. Now her heart was heavier.

She hated her life suddenly. Her face morphed in pure turmoil because, just as was her life. She didnt know where she stood at that point. Where was she stuck? Her whole life was slipping away from her, all the people, all the relationships. She knew she had miserably failed to express how grateful she was to have Arjun in her life and now hearing all of that was making her feel her life was in ruins.