Chapter Seventy Eight

A day later the Pandavas along with their wives found themselves standing at royal entrance of Hastinapur as they were invited for the dice game which had Drishti anxious to the core

Whole of previous day passed on planning how she could stop everything that could go wrong when she knew what would happen if she wont intrude and she didnt want any of that to happen.

The time they were being welcomed in the castle, Duryodhan appeared glad unlike others that made Drishti even more suspicious. Then there was Jaydrath who was grinning evilly as they all entered. Drishti couldnt believe that it was the same Duryodhan who had been very caring and understanding friend and he now he was plotting all of that against Draupadi. She just couldnt believe it.

And then her anxiety was multiplied when she remembered Karn and Dushasan too would be a part of all that, she could just choke on her own cries and die immediately because never ever she imagined them to be anywhere close to being that cruel.

They made their way in and Drishti hated to depart going with the ladies inside the castle while the men went towards the royal court where the game would take place. Still before separating Drishti made sure to have a word with Arjun.

"Promise me one thing, Arjun," Drishti pulled him behind in a deserted place when no one was watching, "You will not let anything happen to your family, alright? You will protect yourself, your brothers and your wife."

"Drishti why are you saying such a thing?" He asked confused and scared as she was that grave serious out of the blue.

"Just promise it to me, please." She urged with pleading eyes and he saw the fear in them. Gulping, he nodded holding her hand in his, "I promise I will protect my family, my brothers, me and my wife."

She smiled tearfully at him as he mirrored it tightening his hand around hers warmly until they were interrupted by loud approaching footsteps and detached turning around to see who it was.

And suddenly Drishti halted.

Karn stood there as he just watched the whole scene in front of his eyes and he couldnt help but recall how he had loved the girl standing in front of him so much more than it was possible yet there she was standing with her husband smiling at him holding his hand.

Only one question clouded his mind with fury, jealousy and hurt that if she really ever loved him or was it all fake?

Staring into the those hurtful golden brown eyes, she was sent back to recalling those heart breaking moments again. Everytime she looked at him she was only forced to think of what they had between them and where did it all go wrong?

Breaking the icy glare from the husband and wife, Karn moved forward past them but was stopped as she called after him.

"I hope you will play with dignity and not break my trust, Angraj."