Chapter Seventy

The next day in Hastinapur was highly hectic

The next day in Hastinapur was highly hectic. The whole castle breathed in *Drishti's marriage* it felt like the biggest event that needed to be organised with professional skills.  But Drishti had been unbothered of it, she had no reaction for it, all she knew was the latest wounds on her heart were still very much fresh and everlasting.

Meanwhile Gandhari was just too much excited as she was getting to live through a daughter's wedding once again and this time was showing more enthusiasm than she showed at Dushala's wedding. Drishti couldnt understand what she ever did to get loved by the woman that much.

Dushala too was sent the news the day it reached Hastinapur and would soon arrive with her husband anytime now, afterall she could never miss her best friend's wedding in a million years ever, but Drishti knew what would be Dushala's first words when she'll see her, she just didnt know how she'll answer her every query.

Sitting in the ladies' breakfast hall, when they had all completed breakfast, Drishti was all set to get up and quickly lock herself in her room to which only Snowy had access, but she had to stay put there in the hall because of the Kuru brides who wouldnt let her go as it was her wedding.

Both Bhanumati and Charumati were extremely delighted to chat with Drishti, like they had been in Kalinga, the same place where Drishti's life turned into an absolute hell. Meanwhile Drishti wondered where were their husbands, her friends, she didnt know if she could still call them her friends, after what she had said to Karn. But a major part of her still found them to be the same people she had the best time of her life with.

Suddenly the doors of the hall burst open startling everyone as someone unexpected stepped in. Dushasan. Looking all furious as his eyes quickly found Drishti and he marched towards her. Reaching her he held her hand pulling her with him, she didnt even know how to react to that.

"Dushasan, you cant take her like that!" Gandhari called when a maid whispered the sight to her in her ear.

"I can take my friend anyhow I like, Mata!" Dushasan called before leading Drishti out of the hall, away from there.

"You were just rude to your mother." Drishti found herself reminding him. He didnt say anything in return, she didnt know why but a sad smile started forming on her face, "Is this how you say hello to your friend whom you meet after months?"

Again nothing. While she let herself go with him wherever he was taking her, "If you are so furious then where are you taking me? To kill me?"

He opened the door of the room she recognised to be their gathering room. Where all of the friends met and suddenly she couldnt keep calm. What if he was there?

Stepping in with a thudding heart, her wide eyes quickly absorbed the sight. Only Duryodhan and Mamashree there. She huffed quietly in relief. Dushasan finally left her hand go as they reached inside.