Chapter Eighty

"Undress her of her clothes in front of the whole sabha, Dushasan!"

Everybody stared stunned at what Jaydrath just said, the whole crowd appeared at loss of words and it couldnt have angered Drishti more.

"Are you just blind or also deaf Maharaj?!" Drishti yelled marching towards the king startling everyone. Jaydrath quietly gestured to Duryodhan indicating how she really was and Duryodhan couldnt help but seem to realise it.

"What are you saying Drishti?!" Duryodhan snapped at her gaining a harsh glare from her, "Shut up!"

She turned back to Dhritrashtra yelling at him with furious tears in her eyes, "Have you forgotten that this man just talked like that about the daughter in law of the Kuru dynasty? You were the one who did my kanyadan not even a month ago and you are now sitting unbothered there high on throne after all of this happening to me?!"

A heavy tear rolled down her cheek as she turned to Pitamah, "And you Pitamah?! How are you sitting there and not doing anything! I thought you were the man of high valour and morals who wouldnt let anything wrong happen in front of him but look at you, I have not seen anybody as helpless as you!"

"And what about you Mamashree?" This time she was overwhelmed with intense grief as her eyes darted to Mamashree standing there with his eyes glistening, "You were the closest person I had considered to be my father-then why? Why are you letting this happen? Was that all a lie when you used to say that I was like a daughter you never had?- I thought atleast you-"

She could not say further than that as her voice trembled badly and tears wouldnt stop. It was like being betrayed by the person you trusted the most. Since forever Mamashree and her had a bond that she considered the most special one because she never got the love and care from her own father which she got from him. But yet again, whoever she loved, always ended up hurting her the most.

And the greatest example to it was standing right beside him. She had a lot more questions to ask him but she knew the moment she even began talking to him she wouldnt stop crying. Darting her eyes away from him, her gaze landed on Duryodhan.

"How about you Duryodhan?" She asked bitterly, "Are you enjoying it? This is what you wanted right? You wanted revenge for your humiliation at the yajna, is this how it should have been? By dragging me down like an animal and hurting me? Is this how your ego will be satisfied?!"

"Stop blabbering Drishti!" Duryodhan yelled, "It was you who betrayed all of us in the first place by going to these Pandavas! You used us. All of our love, friendship, care was just a game to you! You had always been plotting against us and we were all fools considering you our family!"

"Is that what you think about me, Duryodhan?" She asked not believing what he just said, "I was faking with you all? Is that what you are trying to say? Was there any moment since beginning you felt like I was faking? We were friends Duryodhan, genuine friends! We both know that whatever was between us was true, this man is trying to manipulate you and you are succeeding his plan to break us!"