Chapter Sixty Eight

*Note*

Weak hearted people, kindly block me.

The rest of you, go on.

Early in the next morning, Drishti set out of the Indraprastha castle to go to a certain place in the town with a mission

Vrushali's home.

When she met Karn a day before yesterday, she was told Vrushali had come to her parental house for a few days with their son and hoping to find Karn there as well, Drishti made her way to it. 

She didnt go by any chariot or in palanquin with guards, she simply walked to the destination. Just upon reaching the outside of the medium sized cozy house, Drishti was met with the soft cries of Vrishasena and a smile pulled at her lips, she loved the little baby just as much she loved Draupadi's children.

Stepping in and knocking on the door from outside, Drishti heard the jingling sound of Vrushali's anklets that indicated she was coming running to the gate. Just as she came to view she halted in mid track on seeing who stood at the entrance.

"Drishti." Vrushali breathed softly and a beautiful smile adorned her face as she approached her and quickly pulled her in a comfortably warm hug, "How are you? Did you know I was here? I am glad you came today or we would have left tomorrow."

While Vrushali said all of that, she had pulled Drishti inside the house, sat her on the chair and had handed her a glass of cool water from the earthen pot and herself seated in front of her. Drishti saw how glad Vrushali was on seeing her and just as much was she. She never felt awkward, nervous or any of those awful feelings around Vrushali knowing she was Karn's wife. She was the friendliest despite all of that.

"I am good now that I have met you," Drishti smiled taking a sip of the cool water which relieved her parched throat after so much walking, "How have you been?"

Vrushali did a shrug with a soft smile, "Life is good, I guess."

Drishti's eyes roamed in question if Karn was there or not? Was he staying here when he said he would meet her again? It was as if Vrushali had read her eyes and answered with a small polite smile, "He has gone to the market just a while ago."

Drishti startled up feeling slightly embarassed as it was so obvious on her face as to why had she come there. "Why market?"

"Vrisha broke his wooden toy and hadn't stopped crying since so he went to buy a new one for him." Vrushali said peeking inside the room a bit as both of them heard a soft thud and just then a little adorable baby was seen crawling on the floor coming out while fighting the long curtain that got in his way and Drishti's heart awed loudly.

"Oh my god, he has started crawling!" Drishti exclaimed clamping her hands on her mouth, Vrushali chuckled getting up and bringing her son to them who was staring at the new member curiously with his wide doe eyes.