Chapter Hundred and Two

The Pandavas and Kauravas settled on the land of Kurukshetra with their colossal army the previous day, marking the confirmation of the upcoming war to the whole world

The Pandavas and Kauravas settled on the land of Kurukshetra with their colossal army the previous day, marking the confirmation of the upcoming war to the whole world. Lakhs of soldiers, elephants, horses and all other animals that were to participate in the war and claim it to be the greatest one in the history of mankind.

The royal families occupied the royal tents to live in where all the women were distraught with the idea of the upcoming upheaval in their lives, the men knew it was going to be devastating as well, whatever the results but they never showed whereas the women only breathed in worry.

One of them was Drishti, every second reminded her of the unending heartbreak lying in front of her. As much as she saw the faces of the people in her family, the children, the men infact even all the soldiers who were someones fathers, brothers and sons, who might or might not get to return to their families back at their homes. Her heart ached for each and every soul present on that land.

Right now all the Pandavas alongwith their wives were to meet Rajmata Kunti who had just arrived from Hastinapur. The Pandavas had longed to meet their mother ever since they went to their long fifteen years exile and now all one of them were emotional with just the thought of seeing her after so long.

The other wives of Pandavas had arrived as well from all over the Aryavrat as Drishti met them finally getting a chance to be acquainted with the other part of her huge family.

More than her it was Draupadi who was the most overwhelmed on meeting her co-wives, it was evident how she was distraught with taking away their rightful happiness by not letting them live with their husbands and depriving their children of their father's love and whole family.

The first one to arrive was Yudhistir's second wife Devaki, the princess of Sivi Kingdom alongwith their son, Yaudheya followed by Bheem's wives  Hidimbi and Valandhara with their sons, except Hidimbi's son Ghatotkach couldnt arrive as he was the only heir to their kingdom and the only heirs were freed from the bond of the war.

Then arriving were Nakul and Sahadev's wives Karenumati and Vijaya respectively with their sons and the last ones to arrived from the eastern Aryavrat were Arjun's wives, Ulupi the Naga Princess and Chitrangada, the Princess of Manipur. Chitrangada's son Babruvahan was the only heir to their kingdom of Manipur so he was freed from the participation in the war whereas Ulupi's son, Iravan had arrived with his mothers escorting them to Kurukshetra.

Drishti recalled her recent and first encounter with the wives of her husband when she had been sitting in her tent quietly staring out of the curtain with a dull look and heard a soft clear of throat from behind her.

Turning around to the sound she saw Subhadra with two unfamiliar yet strikingly beautiful women standing at the entrance of her door. Drishti took their sight in wondering if they were apsaras from heaven in awe.

"Look who has arrived to meet you, Drishti." Subhadra voiced with a smile bringing Drishti out of her daze as she blinked quickly marching forward to greet the two guests who had arrived.