Chapter Fifty Four

*Note*

Even though last chapter didnt reach 110 votes even today, I am still posting this chapter because Ily you guys! 💕

Just after hearing the news of her husband returning married to another woman from his exile, Draupadi marched out of the room furiously

Just after hearing the news of her husband returning married to another woman from his exile, Draupadi marched out of the room furiously. Drishti quickly told a maid to look after Prativindhya and ran after Draupadi. 

Stepping out, her eyes fell on Arjun and Subhadra standing together with garlands around their necks and Arjun had changed into better clothes and was now clean shaven and hair cut to his normal length.

"Panchali—" Yudhistir tried to stop his wife but was ignored as Draupadi now stood at the in the centre facing the newly weds. Drishti gulped fearing what was about to happen.  

"Panchali let me explain—" Arjun began after a long series of silence in fear but was interrupted.

"WHY?!" Draupadi screamed and almost everybody shuddered.

Just as Subhadra was about to step forward suddenly a line of fire came out of nowhere on ground stopping both Arjun and Subhadra. Even though the moment was grave serious, Drishti could help but gawk at the silent magic Draupadi just did.

"None of your other wives were allowed to live with any of you, then why have you brought her here?" Draupadi shouted and almost looked on the verge of crying because her anger was just at the peak right now. "You cannot enter Indraprastha with your wife!"

"Panchali please understand without Arjun we won't be able to perform Rajsuya yagya and won't gain independence." Yudhistir tried to convince his wife which was the worst possible way in Drishti's opinion. Respectfully shut up please.

"And what about me?" Draupadi asked, "What about my penance? I waited for him living like he lived in his exile whole year only for him to come with another wife?"

Everybody remained silent as they had nothing to say to that, Draupadi left with that as she couldnt bear standing there anymore. Drishti followed her immediately. "Draupadi wait!"

Going inside Draupadi dropped down breaking into tears and Drishti quickly pulled her in a hug. Drishti didnt know how to comfort her at that moment but tried her best to sound reassuring, "Draupadi why are you sad, you are still his wife, your position in his life is still the same—"

"That doesn't mean I can share my husband with another woman!" Draupadi cried and Drishti halted. "Why has he brought her here? They all vowed that I will remain their only wife then why did he break the oath?"

Drishti heard each and everything with a heavy heart. She was reminded that in a way she too agreed to share Karn with Vrushali even though they never talked about it but it was kind of like that, Karn had a relation with both the woman and now suddenly Drishti started feeling as she didnt even realise that.