Chapter Ninety One

Angraj Karn stared at that particular portrait unblinking, his steps halted as he took the sight of it in, feeling those old feelings bloom within him all over again even after years, though they never died, the thought of her always stayed in his...

Angraj Karn stared at that particular portrait unblinking, his steps halted as he took the sight of it in, feeling those old feelings bloom within him all over again even after years, though they never died, the thought of her always stayed in his mind.

Those were the same eyes that beheld his favourite constellation; the same radiance of the smile he always got high on; the same whirly curls that had his heart tangled in them; the same face which relieved all of his pain with which he had learned to live now.

Its been years. Years since he last saw her. She never stepped out of the ashram she had been staying in since those fifteen years, claiming she will only come out when her family will come to take her and he was never allowed anywhere near it.

That portrait was the closest form in which he was seeing her now, with open eyes because with closed ones he could always picture her better, like he had been doing since these fifteen years. The Drishti, he saw practically two decades ago for the first time when they were returning from Panchal, the first sight of her and he could never forget that image.

A small smile tugged at his lips, as he kept staring at it with a soft gaze forgetting the world around him. After all these years, it was all same for him, his love for her didnt bulge even a bit. Sure there was guilt and remorse but nothing can overpower that strong sentiment which he beheld in his heart for her. It was undying.

"Pitashri!" Karn was pulled out of his daze on hearing that sweet chirpy voice and the smile on his face widened on seeing his daughter run towards him, jumping out of Duryodhan's arms in glee.

Karn crouched down with his arms opening for his daughter as she threw her arms around his neck and he embraced her picking her up, eyes closing with a wide smile on his face. That look was enough to tell, that tiny fairy was his favourite person in the whole world.

Vrishasena approached his father bending down touching his feet with a warm smile, "Pranipaat, Pitashri."

Slowly, Vrishasena's smile faded a bit turning to the queen of Angdesh, but he still held a polite greeting look, as he bent down to touch her feet as well "Pranipaat Mata."

Supriya smiled caressing his hair softly before glancing behind him, at her son, Vrishaketu who stood with a pissed look on his face upon seeing her, she extended an arm towards him with a bright smile, "Wont you come meet your mother, Vrishaketu?"

Vrishaketu would have already shook his head firmly if every single person in the room wasnt aiming the same look towards him. Standing beside her, Vrishasena shot a quiet commanding look at his younger brother asking him to come forward and not be disrespectful.

Suppressing a groan, Vrishaketu dragged his feet towards them. He quickly seeked his father's blessing who was instantly busied with Karnika's chattering and had to finally turn to his adoptive mother waiting for him.