Chapter Seventy Six

A week passed within a blink of an eye

A week passed within a blink of an eye. Indraprastha was was ready for the great event organised by the Pandavas, The Rajsuya Yajna.

The whole environment was hectic and rushed as everybody was busy and concerned about the preparations for the auspicious event which held great significance for the family.

Meanwhile Drishti, married to Arjun just a week ago, really couldnt feel a change in her life. It was still just as depressing as it was. It was hard for her to believe that she was now married and that was not Karn.

Reaching to the great assembly hall, she was met with the sight of guests starting to arrive. Kings and Princes of different kingdoms, Krishna who was busy talking to the Pandavas and a pregnant Subhadra meanwhile Drishti couldnt help but wonder where Draupadi and her kids were.

Getting to know from a maid that Draupadi was watching the guests arrive from the balcony, Drishti made her way to her as she had been wanting to tell her that she wasnt feeling really well today and felt like resting. Infact she wanted to tell it her since a few days but Draupadi being slightly disappointed and mad at her for marrying Arjun, never came near her or gave her a chance to talk.

Drishti didnt blame her, she knew how much Arjun specifically meant to Draupadi and she just wanted to make ir clear to her that she was not trying to come between the two in any way possible.

From a distance in the long balcony, Drishti's gaze fell on Draupadi standing there with Prativindhya in her arms glancing down at the arriving guests cheerfully. Both laughed and chuckled watching everything that pulled a smile on Drishti's face as well.

"What's going on here?" Drishti asked reaching them and saw Draupadi's smile drop slightly. She didnt answer and turned back to glancing down.

"And look Prati," Draupadi pointed to a new small crowd that walked on the path inside the castle, "Who is that!"

Drishti glanced down as well to see it was Duryodhan, Dushasan, Jaydrath, Mamashree, Ashwathama and Karn. She almost stopped breathing on seeing him.

But before she could glance at him a second longer something happened that surprised all of them.

Duryodhan fell into a small pond which was built in such a way that it was not visible until seen from a step away.

Shit, Drishti felt extremely bad for him.

"The son of a blind man is blind as well!" Draupadi laughed suddenly causing her voice to echo in the empty hallways and all of them to up.

But quickly realising what was happening, Drishti quickly pushed Draupadi a bit so that now she was not visible and everyone's eyes from downstairs fell on Drishti. Gasping under their gazes, she quickly moved away and hid.

"Why did you push me?" Draupadi asked coldly, Drishti sighed, "Did you realise they could have seen you and it was so disrespectful what you just said. That was about your father in law."