Chapter Six | Stranger

The man stood glaring slightly at Drishti, she didnt know what to do

The man stood glaring slightly at Drishti, she didnt know what to do. Is there any chance he will identify her?

"What were you doing with Vayujit?" He asked almost making her shudder due to his heavy voice. She didnt know why her voice was caught in throat. Till now she was playing it very nicely.

"I-I came here to serve you food." She stammered. Her breath hitched as the man started moving towards her. She gulped in fear as he came nearer with his intense scrutinizing gaze.

"Well then do your work." He said slowly and went away to sit. She breathed in relief once he went away and turned to pick up the large royal plate of food carrying it towards him.

She slowly set down the plate in front of him, and poured a glass of water crouching in front of him, her eyes widened when she saw from under the viel that the King was staring at her frowning as if thinking something deep.

Her hands started shaking a bit due to nervousness, causing his gaze to fall on them as she spilled some water out of the glass. He raised an eyebrow when he saw small soft fair hands with henna in them, those hands didnt look like that of a maid.

And the fragrance which was coming from her was also something which no maid could ever smell off. He instantly knew something was fishy.

"Wait until I finish." He ordered once Drishti was about to leave after serving him. Her voice caught in throat she felt stuck. What to do now?

"Why?" She asked in a sudden fierce voice by mistake, instantly he knew that the woman under the viel was not a maid and bit back a smirk. Drishti stammered putting on a maid's shrill voice "W-What happened K-Kumar? Do you need something else?"

"Yes, feed my horse, till then I finish." He commanded, she mentally groaned but continued her work. She could feel his occasional gaze on herself, while he ate she several times tried to make excuses to leave but he wouldnt let her go.

"Wash my hands." He said as he got up after finishing his food. Carrying a container towards him she mentally cursed before starting to pour water on his hands. He saw her personality wasnt like that of a maid and she appeared a little grumpy, he almost smiled.

"Your hands are not like that of a maid's." He remarked as she handed him a cloth to wipe his hands and she froze on spot. Shit shit shit!

"M-My h-hand N-No, they- they're like a maid's s-see, they stink! No dont see! You wont like it! I am a maid why would you see or smell my hands, who told you my hands are not like a maid's they are like a maid's hands only-"

She shut herself up when he let out a little laugh. Widening her eyed she realised she had been rambling the whole time. Dammit Drishti! She had already hid her hands behind her and was backing away. Whoever the king was, seemed to be taking very interest in her stupid behavior.

But suddenly his expressions changed and a strange thought appeared in his mind. What if this girl is dangerous and has come here in disguise to harm them?

"Reveal your face." He commanded sternly, her mind stopped working. Now she regretted on coming here for fun. She was stuck, Draupadi had already left there was no one to save her! Oh Govind Please help...

"W-Why?" She stuttered fearfully. He took slow steps towards her and she backed away in fear. "Why are you hesitating to remove your viel Maid?"

He was mocking her, she knew it. What to do? Just as she was about to run, her arm was tightly held by the King and she was too terrified to even scream. "Why have you come here?"

"I-I-" She didnt know what to say further.

"Show your face. Now." He ordered sternly again. Her heartbeat was on another level while she was held by the man who was even beyond six feet. She felt so tiny in front of him.

"You cant force me! I dont care if you are a king or a Prince, I wont let you put your orders on me so just leave my hand!" She threatened and realised how stupid she sounded.

But to him she sounded like a really strong girl, he had never heard a girl speak so daringly to any man. He was intrigued. He wanted to see the face of maiden whose voice was so soft yet strong and her fragrance was just something else.

"Show your face or I am getting you imprisoned!" He threated and raised his hand go pull her viel away from her face but she grabbed the viel from her free hand bringing it up to her face so now on her eyes were on the view.

He saw large brown eyes outlined with deep black Kohl, the fierceness in those eyes was just something same as that of fire. Her long black her just unrolled from a loose bun, now flowing in air like waves.

Her eyebrows black and thick with sharply pointed ends and his eyes fell on the little mole which was near the end of her eyes, as the god has himself put it there after completing his masterpiece work on those eyes to protect their beauty from any evil.

Her eyes... He could drown in them and never come out.

Both hadnt blinked once, feeling the urge to sink in each other's raging eyes. It felt magical. Why?

Drishti felt herself get lost in those golden eyes. How can someone have such gorgeous eyes? Surely only gods. Observing every tiny detail of the face in front of her, she could feel a weird bubbling feeling in her stomach.

Why? Why was she feeling that? Why was he feeling that? Why was this happening to them? Together?

Her face was still half covered and he hadn't said a word about it because her eyes were so enchanting that they could trap anyone's soul easily. He felt the urge to get trapped in those.

"Leave me!" She sneered prying her hand out of his grip and ran straight away from him, not even giving him a chance to react. He was only left with her fragrance which lasted even after she ran away like a gust of wind. The ringing sound of her bangles and anklet echoing in his ears like music.

He was left there standing watching the girl get further and further away.

Who was she?

Who was he?

*Author's Notes*

*Author's Notes*

*Sparks!*

Vote the chapter if you liked it and also dont forget to comment and follow me!