Chapter Seventeen | Radha Maa

The dinner was amazing, as Drishti would say, the whole family of Kurus, she hadnt ever experienced eating with so many family members. Right now laying on her bed with a full stomach she smiled admiring the high beautifully carved ceiling above her.

"I love this place even more, Snowy." She said in a dreamy voice to the owl which came flying towards her and sat on her stomach. She kept talking to the owl until she fell asleep after such a tiring day, which she invested in roaming the whole castle with Dushala, who was now her bestfriend.

"Kumari, you are going to be late again!" Came Kamala's voice, her personal maid. The poor woman knew how difficult it was to wake Drishti up from her slumber.

"Ten more minutes, Kamala." Drishti groaned in sleep, rolling on the bed like a mess. Suddenly the blanket was pulled off her face and she was pulled to sit up straight on bed.

"Wake up!" Dushala screamed in her ear causing her to shriek even louder.

Dushala laughed standing up watching the girl in front of her wide eyed staring at her in horror. "This is outrageous!"

The girls continued to run around, Dushala trying to run away from Drishti attacking her while at the end Drishti managed to pull Dushala down on floor, winning the little fight.

"Wear this, it will look good." Dushala suggested on pointing to a heavy navy blue lehenga in which Drishti could possibly die due to lack of oxygen.

"Nah, I'd rather wear this, just wait and watch," She said and stood in front of the mirror closing her eyes imagining her outfit for the day running her hands from up to down.

Hearing gasps from around her she knew that she had changed and she opened her eyes to see herself in the mirror liking her imagination a lot.

"So I hope no one will have any objection with these clothes?" She turned around folding her arms looking at the ladies in the room who had their jaws hitting floor.

"Its beautiful!" Dushala gasped coming near her examining the cloth and the embroidery in it, "I wish I could wear these kinds of clothes too!"

Drishti offered that she would make new clothes for Dushala as well but she declined politely saying the elders of the family wont allow her. She fulfilled her wish to get ready in those clothes by readying Drishti herself.

Letting her hair fall open with beautiful jewelerry in the back of her head she wore her glasses going out in the lawn of the castle with Dushala getting some vitamin D for the day.

"I heard Bhrata Duryodhan is soon to go to Kalinga, because there is a swayamvar being organised." Dushala said doing knitting while Drishti frowned laying there beside her.

She knew the significance of Kalinga.

"When will he leave?" Drishti asked.

"In a month" Dushala said causing Drishti to huff in relief. The girls chatted until the topic of Angraj Karn was brought up and Dushala informed that Angraj Karn is staying in the castle for a few days before he leaves for Anga Desh.