Chapter Hundred and Ten

*Note*

Alexa play, Lag jaa gale by Lata Mangeshkar❤️🥺

Faint jingling noise came from the two rustling feet that sprinted towards the Kaurava's camps a while after midnight

Faint jingling noise came from the two rustling feet that sprinted towards the Kaurava's camps a while after midnight. Dressed in the outfit of a maid with her face covered with the viel, Drishti found herself standing restlessly outside one such tent which belonged to Angraj Karn.

Just when Arjun fell asleep beside her and she was unable to sleep at all, she decided she wont be sitting their in her tent and do nothing after loosing Dushasan and knowing she might lose all of them soon. The first being Angraj among them. She needed to inform him.

Going there in her clothes wouldnt have been possible as people would have reacted in horrendous ways. She wouldnt have thought of sneaking like that in the middle of night too, only if it hadnt been about Angraj Karn's life.

After finding his quaters successfully, she would have went in immediately to inform him of everything but couldnt as right now, she could see from the slightly opened curtains that Angraj Karn wasnt alone.

His daughter was cradled up in his arms, wailing and sobbing once in a while after waking of from sleep frequently. She claimed she was having nightmares and feeling extremely terrible about something. But being a child she was unable to explain herself coherently.

Supriya, Karn's second wife who lived with Karnika and Vrishaketu in the next tent had to carry her to Karn's tent as their daughter claimed obstinately that she needed to see her father immediately and since then she hadnt let him go.

As Vrishaketu was asleep alone in his tent, Supriya had to return quickly. Still she halted to glance back at her husband and daughter in his arms for a moment, slight worry and perplexion etched on her face as well. It was evident she was worried for Karnika too.

Drishti had always heard of how Supriya wanted to be a mother as well but couldnt, just like her. Her resentment had been quiet visible to all of them at first when Karnika and Vrishaketu were given to her by Vrushali. It took her some time to embrace the two as her children, hating the fact that they werent actually a part of her but over time that enviousness had long melted revealing that lovable yet sorrowful motherly side of Supriya.

"If you need anything Arya, please call me." Supriya said in a soft yet hesitant tone as she looked up at Karn in a little longing manner but Karn didnt say anything in response, he simply blinked at her once in that emotionless gaze and darted away. Drishti could very well see the amount of craving of being loved back in her eyes.

Supriya appearing used to of that gaze, didnt say anything and turned around to leave. Just as she stepped out of the tent, she was met with the sight of a maid standing out there and for a moment Drishti froze completely as Supriya stared at her for longer than expected.