Chapter Hundred and Eight

The echo of Gandhari's cries hurled through the walls of the temple as the hundred diyas she lit in the beginning of the war were one by one blowing off which marked the death of her sons

The echo of Gandhari's cries hurled through the walls of the temple as the hundred diyas she lit in the beginning of the war were one by one blowing off which marked the death of her sons. Kunti stood behind her heart wrenchingly on the state of the woman, hating to watch her break like that daily.

Bheem had now killed almost eighty of Kauravas in the battle of Kurukshetra and Gandhari was notified of every single death of her sons which was now getting harder than expected for her to bear.

Maharaj Dhritrashtra's state wasnt any different he too just like everybody wanted the war to stop and save his sons but he knew there was nothing even he could do to stop it.

It was when in the Pandava's camp, after the war ended for the day Bheem and the Uppandavas arrived with the 'good' news of killing a lot of Kauravas and their sons. Drishti could only recall the face of the woman she used to call her mother. Knowing that somewhere deep down even she was blaming her for the death of her sons.

And even if Drishti got a hundred opportunities to justify the death of her sons, she would still fail because she too held herself responsible for their deaths. She just couldnt remove the face of the woman from her sight who had always claimed that she loved her like her own daughter and in return of her selfless love, this was what Drishti was gifting to her.

She didnt know if ever in future she would be able to face her ever without being reminded of how she was being held responsible for ruining such a big family. And even though however hard she or anybody tried to defend her, maybe the truth was not going to change.

The war was happening in Drishti's name and her revenge. Every death, every departed soldier, every family ruined was Drishti's fault in almost everybody's eyes.

If the history ever decided to not forget her, she might be hated for what happened because of her. Originally Draupadi, who was actually regarded as a goddess in Kali yug even after the massive bloodshed that happened for her revenge. But it might turn out exact opposite for Drishti, she knew she wasnt divine like Draupadi and maybe thats why she was actually recieving so much hate and might do in future as well.

She sighed in a defeated manner, there was no point in worrying about it over and over again. Reaching in the medical room, where the little kids from the ashram were already there treating the wounded ones, but Drishti entered there to find Drashika not there.

She asked to Sutasoma, Bheem's son about her as he replied, "She said she was going to meet her friends."

Drishti nodded to herself knowing Drashika might have gone to meet Drumsena like everyday. She continued with her task there, healing some soldiers who were severely injured, using her powers. She was glad of having that the most. A part of her cherished the feeling of knowing she was taking away people's pain somehow.

After doing her part of the job, Drishti went back to her room to find Arjun there doing some paperwork, she decided not to disturb him and went towards the window of their room exchanging a little smile with him.