Chapter Ninety Eight

Sitting by the window, letting her loose curls being caressed by the cool breeze travelling from the mountain ranges of Matsya Kingdom, Drishti admired the valleys visible from her window with a serene smile on her face, she had discovered recentl...

Sitting by the window, letting her loose curls being caressed by the cool breeze travelling from the mountain ranges of Matsya Kingdom, Drishti admired the valleys visible from her window with a serene smile on her face, she had discovered recently that now only pretty views from her window would heal her.

It had been almost two week since the day she left Hastinapur with the Pandavas and Draupadi as decided. The day was still engraved in Drishti's memory feeling like it just happened yesterday. But she never realised how quick the two weeks passed with a lot happening in the meantime.

The day after her birthday was Lakshmana's swayamvar and an anxious Drishti remained on the edge the whole day. All she wanted for that day was to hear Lakshmana was happily married.

But the case was otherwise.

After all the eligible princes who were unable to win the swayamvar, it was Vrishasena's turn unexpectedly. Initially it was decided that he wont be taking part in the swayamvar as the Kuru family didnt feel right on Vrishasena and Lakshmana ever becoming a couple as the two have practically grown up together and to be honest it just didnt sit right to Lakshmana's parents.

But as none of the competitors were able to fulfil the condition, Vrishasena had to get up much to both of their delight. Just as Vrishasena was literally about to win he was interrupted by a stranger who looked not less than a god claiming he was in love with Lakshmana and would fight anybody to win her.

Upon enquiring, it was found out that man was Sambha, the son of Krishna and his wife Jambavati, one of the greatest warrior of his time. Vrishasena got up to oppose him and had to eventually duel with him resulting in his defeat as it was quiet expected sadly but what was sadder was that upon Lakshmana's refusal, she was abducted by him taken to Dwarka, whoever came in between to stop him was defeated.

Lakshmana was kept in Dwarka's castle locked up by Sambha for a whole day. Duryodhan along with his whole family requested to Krishna to ask his son to let his daughter go but after the heartbreaking day Lakshmana had already realised that after spending a whole day in some one else's captivity, she wont be accepted by any other man in the whole Aryavrat. Thus, she decided to get married to Sambha, reminding Drishti how exactly she had gotten married to Arjun.

On reaching Dwarka with her whole family, the first thing Drishti did was to hug Lakshmana and let her cry to her whole day long. Hating to see someone else go through the exact pain like her, Drishti's not so healed wounds seemed to freshen up.

With all her time spent in Dwarka Drishti always made sure to confront Sambha for his actions, telling him what he did to Lakshmana was not an act of love, he hurt the person he claimed to love but as the days passed there was a gradual change in Sambha's behavior, especially towards Lakshmana. He was going softer and made sure to show his love in a better way.

Lakshmana still took her time to adjust to it, and when Drishti left with her family to Matsya Kingdom along with Abhimanyu and the Uppandavas, Drishti knew Lakshmana was still broken with her unfulfilled past wishes. Afterall first love is never forgotten, Drishti knew it very well.