Chapter 57: Sanctuary Part: 1

Adrianna’s POV

 I was in the middle of my pregnancy with the twins. About 8 weeks now. Everyone was really supportive of me and helped me around the house. As my belly grew to the size of a watermelon that just won the county fair, I quickly realized that I could not do a lot of things by myself anymore.For starters, I lost sight of my feet. Then it gradually got harder for me to get out of bed or the couch. Now the weight of the children inside me is catching up and I can’t stand for more than 5 minutes. I don’t know if this is common in normal baby pregnancy or just hybrid babies.

Meredith Fells came by the house once a week to check up with the kids. Right now they’re almost fully developed, which normally occurs in women who are 6 months pregnant.Meredith is surprised at the rapid growth of the children, but not as surprised as Damon, who was the biggest supporter.

After all the shit that occurred with him walking out and yelling at me, he’s actually more involved in the pregnancy than anyone else. He’s constantly at an arm’s reach if I need him to do something for me. Sometimes I don’t even ask because he just reads my mind and does it for me. Whether it’s getting a glass of water to cravings of chocolate ice cream and pickles at midnight when I’m in bed, he’ll be there.

I was sitting in bed, watching TV when Damon came upstairs with my lunch. There were times when I woke up and I just did not feel like getting up.

“I have a PB&J sandwich with a cup of chai tea.” He said as he placed the tray on my lap.

“Thank you honey.” I said smiling.

He took one half of the sandwich and aimed it at my mouth. I immediately pushed my head back and looked at him.

“Damon you don’t need to feed me. I’m pregnant not sick.” I said taking the sandwich from him and taking a bite.

“Well you are dying Adrianna.” He said quietly.

I stopped chewing and looked at him.

“I know Damon. We said we won’t talk about it.” I told him.

“No, you said you won’t talk about it!” He said a loudly as he got up.

I just looked at him and he looked back, slowly realizing what he’d done.

“I’m sorry for yelling…”

“No. If you want to talk about it, I’m all ears.” I told him.

He sighed before talking.

“Take the blood Adrianna.”

“No…”

“DAMMIT ADRIANNA I AM NOT ASKING!!” He said angrily.

I flinched at his tone at which he noticed. He came back to the bed and took my hands in his.

“Adrianna, we have talked about this. You get to be with your kids and you get to be with me. Everyone will be here with you. Why won’t you just become one of us?” he asked looking into my eyes.

“Because of Klaus Damon. All the shit that happened back there scarred me. I was surrounded by blood all the time. Hell, the last memory of Klaus and his gang of vampires was when one of them was trying to kill me! So no, I do not want to become a vampire because I have seen the horrors of it and I choose not to relive them.” I said with tears in my eyes.

He looked at me with wide eyes and an open mouth.

“Adrianna, I’m so sorry…”

“No its okay. I never told you this and you didn’t know.” I said wiping away the tears.