Chapter 30: Left: Part I

Damon’s POV

I woke up to a pair of lips on mine.

“Mmm, what a wonderful way to wake up.” I murmured.

Adrianna giggled. “Yeah, well that is my gift to you.” She answered.

I quickly flipped her over and put her lips on mine again. “Happy birthday.” I told her.

She smiled. “Thank you. Although, it’s not really happy, is it? There’s a fifty percent chance I won’t be here tomorrow.” She said.

My smile turned into a scowl. “Adrianna, please don’t say that. We will do everything, and I mean everything, to keep you here in Mystic Falls with everyone, especially me. I will not let Klaus get you, I swear on my life.” I told her.

She had hope in her eyes, trust too, but also fear. Fear for what would happen to her, what would happen to us. I couldn’t think about losing her right now. Today was supposed to be her day and that's what I’d make it be.

~Later~

Adrianna was so happy today. Her bright smile put everyone in a good mood. She makes these dreams of me being a normal person with feelings come true. I really do love her. I would do anything for her, even if I had to die. I’ve never felt this way about anybody since Katherine. She’s still here. She said she’s not leaving until tomorrow. Until the fight is over. I’m glad she’s leaving because I don’t ever want to repeat what happened when she first arrived. I truly feel guilty about what I did. It was before I had these romantic feelings for Adrianna.

~Flashback~

Katherine and I were in Adrianna’s house, looking through her stuff. “Okay, I think that’s enough. We’ve got everything we needed.” I said.

“Oh wow Damon! We aren't done. We haven’t had any fun.” She said.

She ran over to the book shelf where the radio was and turned it on. It was, ironically, a slow song.

“Dance with me Damon.” She said seductively.

I shook my head no. She vampire sped closer to me and grabbed my hands.

“Its just one dance.” She whispered in my ear.

I couldn’t help my self and just placed my hands around her waist. We slow danced and looked into each other’s eyes.

“Remember this?” she said.

Before I could reply, her lips were placed on mine. I kissed back. I jumped out of the kiss before it could get any deeper.

“Wait, Katherine.” I told her.

“What?” She asked.

“I can’t do this with you. I’m with Adrianna.” I said.

She scoffed. “See Damon? You’ve gone soft. Ever since you put your emotions in a puny human, you’ve forgotten what you really want.” She retorted.

“And what is that?” I asked.

“Me Damon.” She replied. Then she kissed me again.

Her lips weren’t as soft as Adrianna’s, or as loving. It was filled with lust, but it was better than nothing. This time, I just gave in, not caring what anybody would think.

~Present Time~

I vowed to myself to not let that ever happen again. I felt terrible about it and would be hurt if Adrianna ever found out. I just wish I could take it back and never do it again.

“Hey can you help me out with something?” Adrianna asked from the stairs.

“Yeah. What do you need?” I said.

She just came down smiling her heartwarming smile and grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. I watched Katherine’s jealous eyes pass us as we went up the stairs. Adrianna led me to her room and shut the door when we entered. She also locked it.

“What do you need help w…?” I paused as I watched her strip into skimpy black lingerie.

“Well since we’re going to battle tomorrow, I wanted to remind you what you’re fighting for.” She said in a seductive tone.

I was still shocked as I was not expecting this from her. She was cute and innocent, nothing nonetheless.She pushed me down onto the soft bed, surprised by her strength.

“What do you think?” she said sitting on top of me.

“I love this. Its very motivational.” I said breathlessly.

She smirked at my reaction, something she picked up from me. She neared her head towards me, kissing everywhere but my lips. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Suddenly, I pulled her head towards me and placed my lips on hers. It was filled with need and love and lust, all these emotions going on at the same time. Her hand slowly crawled up my chest and unbuttoned my shirt. My hand slowly crept up her hand unclasped her bra…

~ Few Hours Later~

“That was awesome.” Adrianna said breathlessly.

I smiled at her then said, “Which one was better, 1st, 2nd, 3rd…” “They were all awesome!” Adrianna said laughing.

We were putting our clothes back on, realizing we only had such little time before the party started.

Before we left the room, we engaged in a full blown make out session. “Oh my God Damon! We have to stop. There are people waiting for us downstairs!” she said pulling back.

“Well let them wait.” I said grabbing her face and kissing her again.

“Hey, I’m gonna be here tomorrow and the next day and the next day. You have nothing to worry about.” She reassured.

She was right. I was kissing her like it was the last time I was going to see her and I’m sure she noticed. I kissed the top of her head and she smiled.

“C’mon, lets head down to party.” She said.