Chapter 24: Growing New Foundations

I walked all the way to the Salvatore residence. I was unfamiliar with the candy red Porsche in the driveway. I knocked on the door. Damon opened.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” He asked surprised.

“Yeah, I know this is unexpected, but can I stay for a few hours. Things blew over with my mom and dad. I didn’t want to be in the middle of that chaos.” I asked.

“Damon, who’s there?” a possible recognizable voice asked.

At that point I let myself in. I walked in to find a girl who was either Elena or who looked like her. Then it hit me. “Katherine?” I asked. “Adrianna.” She replied. I remember Damon telling me about her.

“How do you know me…” “Damon told me a little about you.” She said. I looked at him. He was staring at her with an ice cold stare. Then he turned to me and came closer.

“We were just talking to each other.” He justified. I didn’t really have time to ask questions, I just needed to lay down. “I’ll take you to my room.” He said leading me there. He tucked me into his bed and kissed me. I instantly fell asleep.

Damon’s POV (Earlier)

“What do you mean her mother’s a witch?” I asked.

We were still at Adrianna’s house, rummaging through her things to find out what Klaus wants with her.

“Her mother did an unbinding spell for me. She’s the real deal.” She replied. “Well, you don’t think Adrianna’s a witch, do you?” I asked her.

“Her mother must have passed on a gene or whatever way they do it. I don’t know what’s so special about her that Klaus needs.” Katherine said.

Later on, we went our separate ways. I was running a little late to go pick up Adrianna from school. When I arrived, she already had trouble. She was standing infront of a middle aged guy.

“Dad, I appreciate the offer, we’re still a bit distant. I don’t really trust you.” she said.

Dad! I forgot Adrianna had a dad, since she doesn’t talk about him much. Then she pointed to me. I was already out, sitting on the hood of my car watching their every move.

“I have to go.” Adrianna told him.

Then he grabbed her arm. My defensive instincts kicked in. I stood up straight and tried to listen to their conversation, but I couldn’t because my attention was directed on his hand grabbing her arm. She said some things about not being his daughter and he yelled back some crap I didn’t care about. Things were getting way more heated than I expected, so I stepped in.

“Is everything alright here?” I asked them softly. “We’re fine, Damon.” Adrianna answered bitterly.

He finally let go of her arm and I could breathe again. Adrianna angrily marched to the car where she slammed the door shut and thought some negative thoughts.

“Please, just take care of her. She’s just so stubborn sometimes.” He pleaded. “I will. If you ever touch her again, I’ll kill you.” I told him coldly. He smirked.

“Is that a threat?” he asked.

“It’s a promise.” I said sincerely.

His smirk quickly turned into a scowl. I walked away to Adrianna.

“Hey, what were you talking to him for?” she asked. “Oh you know the usual. Don’t touch my girlfriend or I’ll kill you.” I answered. “Damon, he’s my dad…” “Who you hate.” I cut off. She sighed.

“I don’t hate him. I’m just…disappointed at what he turned out to be.” She said sadly. I hugged her. “It’s gonna be fine. I had a shitty dad too.” I said. She giggled. “I don’t feel like going home. Is it okay If I stay with you?” she asked.

I nodded and we drove off.