Chapter 51: Being Missed

We had finally arrived in the one place I had wanted to be this past year. The Salvatore Manor was still as beautiful as I remembered it. I sat in the passenger seat looking at it for a while before there was a tap on the window.

I snapped out of my gaze and turned to Damon, who had already opened the door for me.

“Thank you.” I said smiling and giving him a peck on the cheek.We walked to the front door and he knocked. I gave him a funny look.

“Why do you need to knock? Don’t you have the key?” I asked.

He chuckled slightly before he said, “A lot happened while you were gone Addy.” I was going to ask him what when the front door opened.

Elena was there looking different from the last time I saw her. She was more vibrant and younger looking.

“Damon! Where the hell were you? You didn’t even call or text! I was worried…” she yelled as she drifted over to me.

“Hey. I missed you.” I told her.

She was quick to get tears in her eyes as was i. She didn’t even get a word out before she hugged me. Her hug was really strong. I could feel my air circulation being cut off.

“Elena, you’re killing her.” Damon said.

She quickly let go and wiped her tears. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” She apologized.

“It’s okay. I missed your overly tight hugs.” I told her smiling. “Now that you’re here, I have so many things to tell you and questions to ask, but first, you were dead. How are you…here?” she said gesturing to me.

“We all can’t trust Katherine now, can we?” I said.

She smiled and let us inside. Damon had gone to go get some blood from downstairs and left Elena and I in the living room. We were talking before we heard the front door open.

“Hey Elena, is Damon back? I saw his car in front…” Stefan said but stopped when he saw me. 

I stood up and he came closer. “Adrianna, you’re here.” He said.

I nodded with a smile on my face. He vampire sped to me and hugged me. “We missed you around here.” He whispered in my ear.

“I did too.” I replied.

He pulled back and smiled at me. “So, where’s my brother?” he asked. “Right here buddy.” Damon said from behind us. Stefan went over to him and they went in the other room.

Elena and I sat next to each other. I looked around the living room. Everything was the same as I had left it.

“There was no need to change anything. We like it the way it is.” Elena said.

I was about to ask her how she knew what I was thinking, when I remembered that she was a vampire and she could read my mind.

“It’s true.” She said smiling. I giggled.

“So, I’ve been gone for a long time. What did I miss?” I asked them.

“Oh nothing much, just that we got married!” Elena said showing me her ring. I gasped.

“Oh my God! Congratulations you guys! How long has it been?” I asked. “Not that long; just a couple of months.” Elena said.

“Well I’m happy for you guys. I wish I was there to see it.” I told her.

She hugged me and rubbed my back. “We wished you were there too. You would’ve made the whole day better than it already was. At least you would’ve made Damon’s day better.” She told me.

“Was he really that bad after I left?” I asked.

“No, he said he was happy; sad, but content. He said he was going to let you go and give you space for a while, then he’d come back for you. That was his plan until Katherine showed up with the story that you were dead and that’s when everything changed. Not just for him, but for everyone else.” She explained.

I felt sad. “You don’t need to feel sad. Ever since he found you, he’s been happier and in a much more positive mood. I know it hasn’t even been a day, but I can tell. Am I right?” she asked.

I nodded with a smile, remembering how happy he was to see me and I him.

“Well, I’m glad I’m back. I can’t wait to see everyone else.” I told her.

“I know. I’ll call everyone and we’ll have a party!” She said clapping her hands in excitement. She ran out of the room and up the stairs.

I took a breath and exhaled. I was in the place I wanted to be in for the past year and with the people I loved. Especially Damon, who entered the room just as Elena left. He sat next to me and put his arm around me.

“They are so happy that you are back. Stefan was back there interrogating me about where you were and how I found you. I couldn’t take it anymore.” He said.

I laughed at his statement. “We’re all so happy that you’re back now, you know that right?” he asked.I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me.

“Yeah, I’m happy that I’m back too.” I said smiling.