Chapter 59: Death and All His Friends: The Birth

Adrianna's POV

This was it. This was where I was supposed to go. What my life was meant to be. Whatever it summed up to in the end, I'm ready. Ready for death. Ready for the end.

~Earlier~

Damon and I were watching Titanic. We were laying on the bed, his arms around me and my head laying on his chest. I tried to breath as fast and efficiently as I could, but It was hard. Very hard. The twins were too big for my body. Their head was located towards my cervix, but their elongated legs were pushing on my diaphragm, which restricted my lungs and made it hard to breath. But it didn't matter, they were on their way.

"Any day now." I remember Meredith Fells saying.

Everyone is anxious, everyone is nervous. But I am not. I am ready. Damon was keeping me company. His overprotectiveness had doubled since last week. He was on me like a damn dog, but he cared and to me, that's all that mattered. He was tell him how he booked a ticket on the ship, but he had Stefan problems to attend to, so he didn't go. God knows that would have happened to him on that ship. The movie ended and I turned to him.

"I still don't have baby names." I said. He breathed.

"Well, we can wait. We have time." He answered.

"No we don't. They can come any day now. I need to name them..."

"We will okay. Just not right now." Damon said caressing my face. I calmed and pushed my face to him. Right when we're about to kiss, one of the twins punches my bladder.

"oohhh." I said closing my eyes. Damon tensed and sat up.

"Are you okay? Are they coming now?" he asked frantically.

"No. No. They just punched my bladder. I need to go to the bathroom." I said to him reassuringly.

"Let me help..."

"No its fine. The bathroom is right there anyway." I told him getting off the bed.

I slowly went towards the door, feeling Damon's eyes on watching my every move. I got to the door and leaned against the doorframe. I looked across the hall to see the open bathroom.

"It's only a 2 feet away Adrianna. You can do this." I thought to myself.

Damon was still there, lingering. I walked closer and closer till I finally got to it. I entered the bathroom and shut the door, seeing Damon's worried eyes look my way. I leaned against it once I shut it. I was going to die soon. I didn't even get to do all the things I wanted in life. I never got to say proper goodbye to Adrian, my mother or my dad. What are my friends going to do without me? What's Damon going to do without me?

These thoughts kept racing in my mind, before I felt a pain in my chest. It was tight, like I was having a heart attack.

"Adrianna, are you okay?" I heard Damon ask.He must have heard the irregular beats of my heart.

"Nothing! I'm fine." I choked out. I clenched my heart and drove through the pain before it stopped abruptly. I breathed in shock for about five seconds prior to feeling a huge ache in my pelvis.