Chapter 37 Goodbye Darling

Adrianna’s POV

After my weird dream, I went up to my old room and helped Elena pack up my stuff. I was bringing the last box down when I saw him. Damon stood before me in his usual attire.

Most people would say he looked fine, although I could see all the pain that occurred when I left. His skin a little paler, eyes a little grayer and his smirk was nonexistent. He looked at me, stared at me, taking in all of me. I hoped he knew that this was my last day in Mystic Falls.

“I do.” He replied.

I snapped at my thoughts for not remembering he could read minds.

“You’re leaving. I’m going to miss you.” He said.

I tried to speak but my throat was dry.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to say anything. I hurt you and I’m sorry. I realize the error of my doings was wrong and you were hurt in the process. I understand if you need to leave to forget about me. But I will never forget about you Adrianna. I will always remember you and I will always love you. Hopefully, if you come back, we’ll be able to start over and fix what we once had because of my stupid mistakes. I love you Addy.” He said.

He came closer to me and touched my cheek, wiping away the tears that had unknowingly fallen.

“I won’t forget you Damon.” I thought to him. He hugged me. He did it perfectly. No emotion, no feeling of never letting go; Just a simple, platonic hug.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes, then gave me a kiss on my head. “Never forget us.” He whispered in my ear.

Before I blinked he was gone. It was just me, standing in the foyer of the Salvatore mansion with a box in my hand, looking as dumbfounded as ever.

“Addy, you ready to go?” Stefan asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, let’s go.” I said.

I hopped in my cab and waved goodbye to everyone, realizing that this may be the last time I see them. I looked further away and saw Damon casually leaning against the doorframe.

He mouthed the words ‘I love you’ to me and put his hand to his heart.

I smiled back at him with tears in my eyes, regretting what was already too late to mend.

The cab started moving and I turned around. I cried. I wept over losing my brother, my dad, my friends and Damon. I’ve been through so much just to come this far. Leaving a place I loved. Again. But it was my choice to leave and I stayed behind on it. I was going to miss everyone, especially Damon. I was going to start my new life. CRASH!!!