Chapter 46: You Bitch

Damon’s POV

Katherine and I were coming to a close with our travelling. We were happy. Although, I wasn’t sure of what was going to happen to us after we finished travelling. Whether we were going to stay together, and if we were, where? We only had one more stop. Salem, Oregon. We were arriving by 8pm. As soon as we got there, we parked in a big open field.

“This is where all the Blackwood witches were buried.” Katherine told me.

My non-beating heart ached. Memories of Adrianna ran through my head.

“I’m sorry Damon. She died peacefully. I love you.” Katherine whispered hugging me.

I tensed up when she said she loved me. She knew that I wasn’t over Adrianna, so that’s why we weren’t rushing into things.

“It’s fine. Let’s just get on with this.” I said getting out of the car.

The space was wide open. The sky was clear and dark; almost pitch black, which was really weird at 8 o'clock at night. It was a bit chilly. Katherine appeared beside me, handing me a shovel.

“I buried her over there.” She said pointing towards the middle of the field.

Katherine told me after she saw Adrianna die in the car crash; she took her body here, Salem, Oregon, and buried it in Witchfield, which is where we were right now. Her body wouldn’t be that decayed and I just wanted to see Adrianna one last time. So, we started digging.

1 Hour Later

It had been 1 hour since we started digging.

“How far did you bury her?” I asked Katherine.

I was deep in a hole underground. Katherine was looking at me from above.

“I had to bury her really deep so no one would steal her and use her dark magic. I had to hide her from him.” She said.

From him, she was referring to Klaus. I was going to kill that son of a bitch if it was the last thing I did. He was the reason Adrianna was in danger. If he didn’t need her, I wouldn’t have cheated with Katherine and we wouldn’t have her back in our damn lives. All the anger I was building up made me dig faster, which alerted me that I hit something with my shovel.

“Katherine, I think I found it!” I yelled up at her.

She ran over and looked at me with a pale look. “You found it?” she asked.

“Yeah. Adrianna. She’s right here.” I said ask I started digging with my hands.

I hadn’t gotten that far yet before I felt a sharp pain in my chest.

“Ahhh!” I yelled out. I looked down to see that a stake was driven through my spine and out my chest, only grazing my heart. I turned around to see that it was Katherine who put it there.

“What the hell are you doing?” I hissed. “I’m sorry Damon. Klaus put me up to this. I know this looks bad, but I meant everything I said. I really do love you, so I’m going to send you to her. You’ll see her again Damon, I promise.” She said to me.

She twisted the stake at an angle and it punctured my heart. I groaned and hissed in pain.

“I love you.” She whispered.

“You bitch.” I said before going down into darkness, my only memory of Adrianna and I.