Chapter 33: Accommodations

Stefan’s POV

It had been a week since Adrianna left and Damon’s been the worst I’ve ever seen him.  He’s drinking a lot more than he’s breathing. He’s angry all the time and sad. He hasn’t left his room ever since, only to get more alcohol and blood bags. Elena and I try to help him, but he doesn’t want it. We tried to contact Adrianna, tried to find out where she went the night she left, but we had no luck at all. I was in the living room and Damon was in his room when my phone rang. I picked up even though it was an unknown number.

“Hello.” I asked.

“Hey Stefan, it’s me.” The other voice said.

All of a sudden, Damon was infront of me. He had come out of his room when he heard her voice.

“Adrianna? Where the hell are you?” I asked her staring right at Damon.

I knew he was listening closely now that it was Adrianna talking. “It’s okay. I’m fine. I’ll come around 2 to pick up the rest of my stuff.” She replied.

“Adrianna, you can’t do that. Come over and we’ll talk.” I suggested.

“Is he there?” she asked slowly.

I was silent for a moment, contemplating whether I should lie to her or not. I looked at Damon, who was staring at me, waiting for my answer.

“You know what, how about I meet you somewhere? I’ll text you the place.” I told her.

“Okay then. I’ll see you later.” She answered.

I hung up and looked at Damon. “Where the hell are you going?” he asked.

“I’m not telling you.” I told him.

“Dammit Stefan! Tell me where the hell it is you’re going! I just want to explain to her and tell her I’m sorry.” He explained.

“Damon, she’s heard enough. She just needs peace.” I said grabbing my keys.

“I don’t care; just let me state my side…”

“Damon, if you really cared for her, you’d stay away.” I said before rushing out the door.  

Adrianna’s POV

I got off the phone with Stefan. I sighed as I realized what had occurred a week before. Damon had cheated on me with Katherine and we broke up. I had just realized I loved him too that night. I was going to tell him after the party ended, but then all the crazy shit happened. After that, I drove the car to cheap motel on the highway that was a few miles out of Mystic Falls.

I grabbed a few of my things and headed out to the place Stefan texted me to meet him. It was the bridge where Elena’s parents died. I thought that was a little weird, but I didn’t say anything. Stefan was standing there waiting for me.

“Hey Stefan.” I said approaching him.

He rushed over to me and gave me a hug.

“Hey. How are you?” he asked looking me in the eye.

“I’ve been better.” I replied.

We started talking and then he brought up Damon.

“Addy, he misses you terribly. We all do.” He said.

I looked at him. “How’s he doing?” I asked hesitantly.

“He’s the worst I’ve seen him and I’ve known the guy for over 150 years. It’s actually kind of sad how he’s coping with the break up. Not sad in a mean way, but you kind of wanna help him, but him being stubborn, he doesn’t want it. Anyone’s actually.” He replied.

I was silent for a moment. Was he really that miserable? Should I go visit him? No Adrianna! Stay strong! Remember what he did to you?

“Why are you frowning?” Stefan asked.

I didn’t even know I was frowning. “Sorry. Just thinking.” I said.

“You know, if you don’t want to see him, I’d be happy to get Elena to pack up your stuff and we’d drop it off for you.” Stefan suggested.

“Really? That’d be great, but I feel like I have to see him one last time. My mom said I could go live with her again.” I responded.

“You’re leaving?” he asked sadly.

“Yeah. I need to start fresh. The only way that can happen is if I leave Mystic Falls.” I said.

“How are you going to deal with Klaus? He’s coming for you and you don’t have any protection with your mother.” Stefan said.

“I’ve been on my own for a week and he still hasn’t come for me. Stefan, I’ll be fine. Trust me. I’ll still talk to you guys.” I said reassuringly.

He turned towards me and pulled in for a hug. “We’re gonna miss you, Addy.” He said.

“I’ll miss you too, Stefan.” I said with tears in my eyes.