Chapter 11: Truth

Adrianna’s POV

Today was the 50’s dance. After what my mom told me a few weeks ago, I didn't see my friends the same way anymore. Bonnie was a witch, Tyler was a hybrid and Stefan, Elena and Damon were vampires. I went over to the school. Classes were boring today, but I got through it. Then after school, I went over to Elena’s house with Bonnie to go pick a costume. I chose a white and red polka dotted dress with a narrow waist and huge, blooming skirt. I chose red polka dot heels and I chose to put my hair in a roll in the front and curls going down my back. I looked very nice. We drove to the party. It was nice with all the music and dancing and costumes. “Hey Elena, I’m gonna go get a drink. Do you want one?” I asked her. She nodded. I headed over to the refreshments table. The guy there told me they’d run out of ice and If I wanted my drinks cold, I’d have to get more ice from the back. I huffed and headed out back.

I walked to the back of the school that was close to the woods. I opened the door and there was a huge deep freezer. I opened it, got some ice out and left. I was walking back to the school when I heard a noise. I turned around. It was the man. I dropped the ice and ran. I ran into the forest and tripping on a fallen tree branch. I had hurt my head. I looked back. He was still coming. I quickly got up and ran deeper into the forest. I was panting, screaming “Help!” although I doubted that people could hear me. I was now deep in the woods. I looked back. He was gone. I breathed deeply and exhaled loudly. Then I heard a blood curling scream. “Hello!” I yelled out. The scream got louder. I followed it. I came upon a girl who was having a man at her neck. Then I noticed. “Damon?” I said softly. He noticed me and dropped the girl’s now dead body. “Adrianna, What are you doing..." " My mother was right.” I interrupted. I walked towards him, but he quickly backed away. “Adrianna, I don’t want you to see me like this. I’ll hurt you.” He said. “No you won’t, I trust you.” I said. I placed my hand on his face, my thumb lightly tracing over the disappearing veins from under his eyes. He put his hand around my wrist. “Let me take you home.” He whispered. I nodded.

The drive was silent, but Damon kept looking at me. I just smiled at him, knowing that he could read my thoughts. We arrived home. “Wait, can you stay?” I asked. He smiled. “Like your mom will let me.” He said. “Go through my bedroom window.” I suggested. “Okay.” He said. I got out of the car. Before I blinked, he disappeared. I chuckled to myself and opened the front door. “Where’s mom?” I asked Adrian, making sure that she wasn’t there. “She’s gone, like always.” He answered bitterly. I rolled my eyes. “Oh and where have you been? And what happened to your head?” he asked. “I tripped in the woods. Tell mom I’m home.”I said racing up the stairs. “If I ever talk to her again!” he yelled. I went to my room. I closed and locked my bedroom door. I saw that Damon hadn’t arrived yet, so patched up my scratch. I came out of the bathroom and Damon was sitting on the outside ledge of my window. I opened it. “Why won’t you come in?” I asked. “Rule one of being a vampire; you can’t enter homes without being invited in.” he said. Oh. “Well if that’s the way you do it, Damon, come in.” I said smiling. He stepped from the window to my bedroom floor. “So I have a few questions.” I said to him. He was looking around my room. “Well for one, I’m not Edward Cullen.” He said. “How’d you know?” I asked. “Mind reading.” He answered. Then I remembered. We spent the rest of the night talking about vampires and Mystic Falls’ history. He even told me about 1864. He told me about Stefan being a vampire and Elena and Caroline. Bonnie was a rare witch, Tyler was a werewolf and a vampire. Elena was a doppelganger to this girl named Katherine. He explained to me about Katherine and his love for her. Before I knew it, it was 1:00 in the morning. I yawned. “You need to get some sleep.” Damon said. I wanted to retaliate, to hear more about the vampires and stuff, but I just went with it. “Goodnight Damon.” I said. "Goodnight Addy." he responded.