Chapter 2: My New House, My New Life

We arrived at this small quiet town. It looked so peaceful. I was kind of happy to come here. My mom had purchased this huge house near the woods. She didn’t let us see it because she wanted to keep it a “surprise”.

When we arrived at the house, it looked so 1800’s or like a mansion in the Colonial Times. It was painted white and dark browns all over. “Mom, this is great! How could you afford this?” I asked her. “It’s one of the perks to being a lawyer.” She said. We went inside. It was huge! It was already furnished and still looked 1800’s but had a modern touch to it. The living room had a flatscreen TV and game systems. The kitchen was nice too!  It had a very warm orange and brown décor in it. “Now your rooms are upstairs.” She had said.

Adrian and I went up the stairs to find 2 hallways that separated the stairs. I went to the first door on my left. There was a bathroom. Then I tried the next one. It was a closet. I tried the one across it. “A laundry room!” I said frustrated. I was beginning to lose hope when Adrian called my name. “Oh Adrianna!” he yelled. I rushed over to him. “What?” I asked. “Look at this.” He said opening the door infront of us. It revealed my room.

Light purple walls, big dark purple covers on my bed completed with stuffed panda bear teddies on them. Also a flatscreen TV with a sound system with an IPod dock station.  “Oh my God!” I whispered screamed. “Cool room by the way.” Adrian said observing it from the doorway. I stared at my room, a whole new life.