Chapter 3: Exploring Mystic Falls

I went back downstairs to find my mom on the phone in the kitchen while Adrian was playing videogames in the living room. My mom got off the phone once she saw me. “So… Do you like it?” she asked. “I love it.” I said. “Well that’s good because it cost a lot of money.” She said. “So, where will we be going to school?” I asked. “School, really Addy? We’ve only been in this town for 2 hours and you’re already thinking about school?” Adrian asked. “I’m just curious.” I said. " She's right to be curious. I’m going to enroll you right now.” She said grabbing her bag. “Um, okay. What are we supposed to do?” I asked her. “Go explore the small town of Mystic Falls. Find something new.” She said with excitement. “Oh and Adrian, I have a surprise for you in the garage.” She said. We all headed to the garage to see the surprise. There it was. A brand new pick up truck with a black navy color. Adrian was speechless. “This is amazing! Thank you.” He said. I smiled. I was happy for him. “Oh really, he gets a car. I have my driver’s license.” I said. “Wait your turn little sister.” Adrian said hopping into the car. I turned to my mom. “Well, I just didn’t want to get both of you cars. You’re still my little girl and I love you.” She said. I hugged her. “I love you too, mom.” I said. Adrian beeped the horn. “C’mon Addy! Let’s go!” he yelled out. I smiled at my mom, and then ran to Adrian. I hopped into the car and we drove off.

We explored much of the town, until we got hungry. We found a cute little place called the Grill. We went inside. The place had pool tables, booths and a bar. Adrian and I sat in a booth. I looked around us. It looked like a cool place. Adrian and I ordered a burger and fries. We talked and chatted. “I’m done, are you?” he asked. “Yeah. Let’s go.” I said. “Okay, stay here and I’ll go pay the bill.” He said getting up and going to the counter. I got up and gathered my things. “Damn, where are my keys?” I whispered to myself. I looked under the table. “Oh, there they are.” I said. I bent down to get them. When I got them, I stood up and tripped backwards. But someone caught me. I got back up and looked at that person. He was hot! Icy blue eyes, bedhead black hair and perfectly chiseled features on his face. “Uh, thanks. I’m sorry, that was my fault.” I said. “It’s okay. I’ll save beautiful girls in distress anytime.” He said all smoothly. I smiled. “I’m Damon. Damon Salvatore. You are?” he asked kissing my hand. “I’m Adrianna. I’m new here.” I answered.  “Really, who are you here with?” he asked. “She’s here with me.” Said Adrian’s voice. Damon turned around to find my brother behind him. Was he watching that whole time? “And, who are you?” Adrian asked Damon. “Adrian, this is Damon. We were just talking.” I said to him. He stared at Damon with only a stare he’d give my dad.  “Okay, well it was nice meeting you Damon and again, thanks.” I said practically dragging Adrian by the arm, out the door and into the car. That’s when Adrian began. “What were you doing with him? I don’t like him touching you!” he ranted. “We weren’t doing anything. Adrian can you please stop?” I asked. He didn’t reply. We stayed quiet the rest of the car ride.

When i arrived at my new house, I went upstairs to my room to unpack. That’s when Adrian came into my room. “Hey I wanted to apologize.” He said. I smiled. “It’s okay. You were just being a big brother. It’s what you guys do.” I said. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back. “You want me to help you with these?” he asked. “Yeah, sure.” I said. By the time we were done, it was close to midnight. “Goodnight, Addy.” Adrian said. “Goodnight.”I replied. I crawled into my bed, then closed my eyes and thought about Damon.