Chapter 36: Reawakened Part 2

I was on the sofa when I woke up. I sat up straight, exhaling loudly. I observed my surroundings. I was still at the Salvatore house, still moving away and still broken up with Damon.

“Just breathe and relax Adrianna.” A voice said.

I looked up and saw Bonnie in my face. Stefan and Elena were looking at me from afar, but Damon was nowhere in sight. 

“Oh God, what happened?” I asked frantically.

“You blacked out. You were lying on our front doorstep when I found you.” Stefan replied.

“Blacked out? From what?” I asked.

“Dark magic. It’s getting stronger Addy.” Bonnie said.

“What? I thought you said the ring will protect her from it.” Elena said.

“I know, but the dark magic is much stronger than the ring. I was afraid this was going to happen.” She said.

She scrambled to find her bag and pulled out her gremoir. She started flipping through the pages, trying to find something that could answer all of this madness. She finally stopped at a page.

“The dark magic gets stronger everytime you’re not happy. It feeds off of your fears, sadness and negative emotions. The dark magic got stronger when you broke up with Damon and now we know it’s strong enough to make you fall asleep and control your dreams and imagination.” Bonnie explained.

I was in awe. As if my life couldn’t get any worse, there was this dark energy inside of me powered by my horrible break up.