Chapter 29: Right

Damon’s POV

It was Sunday and we hadn’t seen Bonnie for a few weeks. She wasn’t in school even though, who would be. School would be ending in a few weeks and Adrianna would be graduating. She was watching TV while I was making her dinner when the doorbell rang. I opened it and saw her.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I said coldly.

“I need to talk to Adrianna.” Bonnie answered.

“You’re not getting anywhere near her. Last time you did, you tried to kill her!” I exclaimed.

“Damon, its okay. She can come in.” a soft gentle voice said from behind me.

I kept glaring at Bonnie as she glared back. Then I felt a hand touch me. It was Adrianna’s. She stepped right in between me and Bonnie and looked at me straight in the eyes.

“Damon, its okay. She can come in.” she said as If I were a small child.

I instantly cleared a path for Bonnie to enter, as if I were compelled. She came in and took a seat. Adrianna joined her.

“Damon, could you give us some privacy please?” Adrianna asked politely. I turned to bonnie and slowly exited and disappeared from sight, but still in hearing range.

Adrianna’s POV

I sat down with Bonnie. “I’m sorry about Damon. He’s been super protective ever since you tried to choke me to death.” I said.

“Adrianna, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it, I just had to.” She said. I cocked my head sideways.

“I don’t think your mother told you the complete story of Blackwood witches.” She stated.

I shook my head. “Blackwood witches don’t exist anymore because their magic was different from other witches. They had dark magic.” She said. I gasped.

Dark magic. No.

“But, I don’t have dark magic. At least, I haven’t shown any signs of it.” I told her.

“Well yeah, the ring is keeping you pure. If you take it off, the dark magic will be able to take control of you and you won’t be able to stop.” She said.

“Is that why you tried to kill me?” I asked her.

“Well, usually most Blackwood witches are unable keep the dark magic inside, so regular witches were instructed to kill them, since their magic was deadly and powerful. You may be the last Blackwood witch standing. All the others were burned at the stake.” She explained.

“Wow. So does this mean Klaus doesn’t want me for my powers, but for my dark magic?” I asked.

“He must’ve know you were a Blackwood witch before anyone else.” She said.

“Okay, so this ring will keep me pure?” I asked.

“Yes, but not for long. It will only keep you pure when your emotions are at a positive level. If something negative happens, then that's a gateway for the dark magic to go through.” She said.

I knew Damon was hearing this. He must’ve been surprised like me or he already knew, but didn’t tell me. Bonnie left and before we knew it, it was Friday. Word had gotten out that Klaus would strike on Saturday. Everyone was ready, but we couldn’t fight before pre-celebrating.