Chapter 8: The Morning After

Adrianna's POV

I woke up. After that dream I had last night, I couldn’t really get a lot of sleep.

I took a shower, got dressed, and drove off to school. I skipped breakfast because I really didn’t want to face Adrian after yesterday. I arrived at school. I went straight to my locker. Elena came up to me. “Hey Adrianna.” She said. “Hey.” I replied lowly and tired. “What’s wrong?” she asked. “I’m just a little tired.” I said yawning. “A little? More like a lot tired!” she stated. “What happened at the party? I couldn’t find you anywhere last night. I saw Bryan this morning and he doesn’t remember a thing.” She said. “Oh my goodness Elena! The craziest thing happened last night…” “You look like you need this more than I do.” Damon said, appearing out of nowhere. He was holding a cup of coffee that was reached out for me to take. “Thanks.” I said taking it. “No problem. Anyway Adrianna, we need to go.” He said grabbing my arm. “Go where?” I asked. “Somewhere, bye Elena.” He said dragging me down the hall. “Hey! I was talking to Elena.” I fussed. “She’ll start worrying and that’s the last thing you want to do, let Elena worry about you.” He scoffed. “Um, okay, but she needed to know what happened last night.” I said taking a sip of my coffee. “Really? Is that the best idea? Elena will be all over you like a bloodhound. I don’t think she needs to know about what happened last night.” He said. He stared at me up and down before asking, “Have you been sleeping well?”  “No, it’s this dream I had. It’s about…” then the bell rang. “I gotta go. I’ll talk to you later.” He said. I walked off to class.

3 Months Later

It had been 3 months after the weird attack by Bryan. He ended up moving to North Carolina because his mom got a job there. Anyway, I hadn’t gotten that dream for a while. It just went away. That was good, but things weren’t going so well at home. My mom was never home. Never. The last time I saw her was 2 weeks ago. It was only a hello and goodbye. Sometimes I’d call into her work to wonder where she was. It goes to voice mail or her secretary, Mary, would pick up and say she was in a meeting or she was busy. She would come home at night when we were asleep and leave before we even got up. Adrian doesn’t even care anymore. He thinks that she’s putting her work before us. All he cares about is me now. He’s like super protective of me now and he still doesn’t like Damon. Oh and Damon? He usually picked me up from after school activities, but now it escaladed to picking me up from home and dropping me off at school. I never really asked why, but he saved my life. I guess that was a legitimate reason or he was just like Adrian and was protective of me. I trust him but I feel like he’s not telling me something. Neither is Elena or Stefan.