Chapter 14: The Big Party

Adrianna’s POV (1 Week After)

Abby’s party was tonight. I was at home, searching in my closet for the right thing to wear. I found this small ruffled dark red dress that was strapless and had a bow going around it. This was the dress. I went downstairs. Adrian was in his room and my mother was downstairs. I didn’t really want to talk to them after what had happened between her and Adrian.

~Flashback~ 

“Adrian, please listen to me!” my mother begged. I was sitting on the steps, listening to their argument in the living room. “Why should i? I don’t think I can trust you anymore!” he yelled. “I’m sorry that I haven’t been there for you…” “For me? What about Adrianna!” he yelled again. “She doesn’t matter right now!” my mother said. “She’s always the matter!! I’ve had to take care of her since we moved here! Where have you been?” he retorted. “I have been working to keep this family alive! To put food on the table and clothes on your backs! If you don’t like the way this house is run, then you can just leave!” my mother said angrily. That cut it. “Fine! I will leave!” he yelled. I gasped. Before they could leave the room, I ran up the stairs and turned quickly to my room. I heard Adrian stomp up the steps and into his room and slamming his door loudly. I felt a quiet tear roll down my cheek. My brother was leaving.

Present Time

I realized it was now 1 hour until the party. I quickly took a shower.I dried myself and curled my hair into big curls. I put the dress on and matching jewelry. I put light makeup on and black heels. I got my mask. It was lacquered in red and had black lace curl designs going on it. It also had a beautiful black butterfly on the top right on the left side. It was marvelous. I placed it on my face. “You look beautiful.” A recognizable voice said. I turned around and smiled at Adrian. “Thank you. Are you going?” I asked him. “No, I rejected the invite.” He said. “Oh, I thought you were going.” I told him. He shook his head. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know you wanted me to go.” He apologized. “It’s fine. I don’t mind much.” I said. There was a moment of silence between us. Then I decided to come out with it.

“I heard what you and mom were yelling about last night”. It took him by surprise. “You heard everything?” he asked quietly. I nodded slowly. “Is it true? Are you really leaving?” I asked him. He sighed and went over to my bed and sat down. He patted the spot next to him, motioning for me to go sit next to him. “Well, are you?” I said impatiently. “Adrianna, I really don’t want to leave…” “Then don’t! Don’t leave me alone.” I said. “I can’t. I don’t want to, but I need to.” He said. “So your gonna go and not even give a damn!” I yelled getting up. “Adrianna, it’s not like that…” “Then what is it?” I asked. “I’m not having the best time here! I need to get away. I love you, but I just need something else. I need to go explore the world, find myself. I can’t do that when I’m stuck here.” He replied. “So, am I holding you back? Am I keeping you here for my own sake?” I asked teary – eyed. “Adrianna, I need to get away.” He answered calmly. “Fine! Go! Go away and never come back! If you don’t like it, then just leave. Go and you’ll never see me again!” I yelled, enraged and crying. “Adrianna, don’t do this. This is not how I want to see you!” he said angrily. I just shook my head, grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. “Adrianna, please don’t do this. I really don’t want to leave you like this!” he yelled coming down the stairs. “It’s already too late, Adrian. You’ve gotten your wish.” I said turning around to him. I was wiping tears now.  “Adrianna…” “I have to go Adrian.” I said sniffing. I wiped my face dry and opened my door. Damon was standing there, looking absolutely dashing, almost heavenly in black. His icy blue eyes were mesmerizing, his skin was radiating. “You ready to go?” he asked softly, obviously he overheard the conversation between Adrian and I. I nodded. I walked out to the car, not looking back.

Damon’s POV

 I was picking Adrianna up to go to Abby’s party. She’s going with Elena and Bonnie. I was in my room getting ready. “Hey brother.” I said sensing Stefan. “Damon, are you going to that party?” he asked concerningly. Obviously, he didn’t want me to go. “I’m not sure, brother. Maybe I might go, maybe I won’t.” I said smirking. “Damon, please don’t go to that party.” He begged. I turned around to him, surprised by his plea. “God Stefan! You’re always on my back. All I’m doing is dropping Adrianna to the party and then grabbing a few drinks with Alaric.  It’s all good.” I said getting frustrated. He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Damon, don’t do anything stupid.” He said walking out. “You’ve been telling me that for 162 years!” I yelled out. I drove to Adrianna’s house. I got out and walked to the door. Before I even knocked, I heard “So you’re gonna go and not even give a damn!” She yelled.  “Adrianna, it’s not like that…” “Then what is it?” Adrianna asked.  There were a few more ramblings between her and Adrian. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. “Adrianna…” “I have to go Adrian.” She said. She opened the door. She was standing there, tears running down her cheeks, red eyes and a splotchy face. She looked breathtaking in her dark red dress. Her hair was done perfectly. She was perfect, dazzling, and almost heavenly. “You ready to go?” I asked. “Yeah.” She said wiping her tears.

Then she walked out to the car and got in. I looked back at Adrian. “You’re her date?” he asked. “More like carpool.” I answered. “Take care of her Damon. She’s really fragile right now. She might do something very stupid when she’s like this.” He warned. I nodded. I began to walk away. “Oh, it was nice knowing you Damon.” He said meaningfully. “Same here.” I replied. I walked towards the car and got in. Adrianna was reapplying mascara. “Don’t ask me if I’m okay. I’m going to put all of this behind me and go have fun with my friends and not deal about it until tomorrow.” She said. “Okay.” I breathed. I started the car and we drove off.