Chapter 34: Stronger

Damon’s POV

I watched as Stefan rushed out of the door. How the hell is he just going to keep me away from Adrianna like that? I missed her so much. I took her for granted and now she’s gone.

I went up to my room and looked around. It was dark with only few streams of sunlight showing through. Bottles of tequila, scotch and whatever the hell I was ingesting for the past week were lying around everywhere. I quickly cleaned up and went to take a shower and left the house.

I had to think of all the places Stefan would go to have a personal conversation with Adrianna. Not somewhere public in case she needs to cry or whatever. Somewhere that would have a lot of meaning to him, but not so much to Adrianna. Then I got it.

I drove to the bridge and I saw them. I parked within the trees so they couldn’t see my car, but I could hear their conversation. I saw her approach Stefan and hug him. She looked so beautiful but so sad at the same time. They started chatting and talking until Stefan brought my name up. The smile on her face disappeared when she heard it.

She asked questions, he answered them and she quietly thought to herself. Then I heard it.

“You know, if you don’t want to see him, I could get Elena to pack up your stuff and we could drop it off for you?” Stefan suggested.

“Really? That’d be great, but I feel like I have to see him one last time. My mom said I could go live with her again.” She replied.

She was leaving?

No, she couldn’t just pick up and leave everything. We would never see her again. I would never see her again. She said she was going to be fine and we should trust her. I couldn’t just let her leave.

Not this way.