Chapter 7: Danger Everywhere

Adrianna’s POV

After the hot make out session with Bryan, we got out of the lake and put our clothes on. I asked him to walk me home, which was just through the woods. We we’re in what looked to be in the middle of the forest when Bryan pushed me up against a tree and started making out with me. I was into it, until it started getting rough. “Bryan, stop.” I said. He didn’t. He pushed me down to the ground. “Ow, Bryan that hurt a lot!” I yelled. He stopped and looked at me. He was above me and I was below him. I look over and he’s holding a stake in his hand. “I must do what Klaus has ordered.” He said. “What? Who’s Klaus?” I asked. “I’m sorry Adrianna.” He apologized sincerely. All of a sudden, he was flung into a tree. I opened my eyes and saw him unconscious and bleeding from his head. I looked over at the mysterious shadow that saved me. It stepped forward. “Damon?” I said shakily. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked coming to my side. “Yeah. I don’t know what that was about, but thank you.” I told him. “You’re crying.” He said wiping a tear from my face. I didn’t even notice. He helped me up. “Wait, what about Bryan?” I asked concerned. “He’ll be fine. I didn’t hurt him that bad.” He answered with a smirk. “I have to get home, my brother will freak out.” I said. “I’ll drop you off.” Damon suggested. I nodded and we got into his car and drove off.

It was silent at first before Damon brought up Bryan, who I was thinking about heavily. “You know, Bryan wasn’t any good. If he was, he wouldn’t have tried to hurt you.” He said. Damon was right. “I know but he said something about doing what Klaus had ordered.” I said. Just then, Damon slammed the brakes really hard, causing him and myself to lunge forward. I hit my head against the dashboard. “Ow! Damon, what was that for?” I asked him. “What did Bryan specifically say to you?” he asked, completely ignoring my question. “He said I must do what Klaus has ordered. I’m sorry Adrianna.” I answered. Damon was silent for a moment, and then started driving off again. We had reached my house. “Thanks Damon.” I said looking at him.  “No problem.” He replied. I got out of the car. Before I could open the front door, it opened before me. I was staring at a very angry Adrian, who wasn’t even looking at me, but past me. I turned around to see he was looking at Damon, who was staring back with a smirk before driving off. Adrian ushered me inside the house to yell and lecture me. “Adrianna, why the hell were you with him!” he asked. I didn’t want to deal with him right now.

Damon’s POV

I drove my car to the house, parked it, then vampire sped back to Adrianna’s house. There was a tree in her backyard and luckily it gave a direct view into her room. She walked into the room, tired and kind of pissed off. Her bothersome brother followed her in, obviously giving the feeling that he wanted to talk about me and she did not. He started yelling at her. “Adrianna, what the hell were you doing with him!” Poor girl had to go through this after what she just experienced. “Adrian, he was dropping me off after something happened at the party.” She said tiredly. “What happened that was so important, that he had to be your freaking designated driver! What about Elena?” he asked. “She never picked me up. It was Damon who did.” She said quietly. “You lied to me?” he asked. “Well, you’d never let me go to the party if you found out it was Damon!” she snapped. “You’re damn right I wouldn’t have let you!” he yelled. She rubbed her eyes. “Adrian, I’m sorry. Can we please talk about this later?” she asked somberly.

He shook his head in disappointment and walked out. She sighed and flopped onto her bed. She whispered, “Please be normal tomorrow.” I stayed and watched her for a few more hours

Adrianna’s POV

I felt sad for Adrian. All he wanted was to be a good brother, but he wouldn’t let me go. I was asleep now and it was all behind me. Since I came here, I kept having these dreams. I was running; Running through Mystic Falls. I was running with Damon and Stefan. I don’t know why I was specifically running with them, but something was chasing us; something dark and evil. It had stopped chasing Damon and Stefan and started chasing me. There was a light streaming from this darkness that shone on Damon and Stefan. It burned them, for some reason and I don’t know why. They started screaming. Their skin blistered and was smoking. Then they turned to ashes. What were they?

Damon’s POV

Adrianna started dreaming about me. Nice. Then I realized what she was dreaming about. Not cool. Crap, these were the wrong kind of dreams. She screamed and suddenly woke herself up. She looked outside.

Adrianna’s POV

“DAMON!!” I screamed. Before I knew it, he was ashes. I turned around and the darkness enclosed on me. I screamed, which woke me up. I looked out the window. Nothing was there. I breathed for a bit, then went back to sleep.