Chapter 47: Dignified

Adrianna’s POV

I woke up in a room. Not my room, nor Klaus’ room, but a room. I was laying on a couch. I stood up, My head started to hurt.

“Aaah!” I winced in pain. I felt a hand touch me. I looked up and saw Damon. I hugged him.

“Oh Damon, I missed you so much.” I said.

Then I heard noises in the background, snickering to be more specific. Then I looked up to see that he was gone.

“I’m sorry…this is just too hilarious!” said an unfamiliar voice.

“Shh! You’ll wake her up!” Rebekah’s chuckling voice answered.

That was when I knew I was just dreaming. Damon wasn’t really here. The snickering turned into full blown laughter. That made me open my eyes.

“Oh Andryah, you messed it up. She’s awake now.” Rebekah said calming down.

I looked towards her. “I’m sorry. This was just a really nice way to start a new life.” Said Andryah’s voice.

I looked towards her. She was gorgeous, couldn’t even tell she was over 500 years old. She was dressed in some modern day clothing, which was more like Rebekah’s style. She looked exactly like me, but better.

“Of course you look exactly like me! You’re my doppelganger. Nik, didn’t you explain this to her?” she said gesturing over to Klaus, who I hadn’t even acknowledged.

He was mute this whole time. “I did Andryah.” He said sipping some whiskey.

I looked at him, but he turned away. I was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. Katherine had entered. She looked tired. Her hair was messy and dirty and her clothes were tattered and brown. There was dirt on her face but blood on her hands. “It’s done.” She said to Klaus.

“Good. Shall we have a toast?” Klaus said raising his drink in the air.So did Rebekah and Andryah.

Katherine sat in the corner in deep thought. I was the only one curious about where we were. I looked around. There was furniture in the room, simple but lavish. It was like a hotel room. A piano sat in the corner of the room and a well sized kitchen in the other. Where the hell am i?” I asked myself.

“You’re in Las Vegas.” Rebekah answered.

Las Vegas? What the hell! I went over to the window. I quickly opened the curtains to reveal streaks of bright sunshine. I could see all the major casinos and hotels that made Las Vegas popular.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“To celebrate. To rejoice the awakening of…me.” Andryah said gracefully.

Celebrate? This is worth a celebration? “Yes. It is. It’s bringing an old friend into the new world.” Rebekah told me.

I really needed to control my thoughts around them. I rubbed my eyes. “Looks like someone is sleepy. Nik did you get her a room?” Andryah stated.

He huffed. “I’m not sleepy, I just want to get out of here.” I told her.

“Who said you could go?” she asked. I looked at Klaus.

“You said I could leave once this was over.” I told him.

Andryah laughed. “He really told you that you can leave when this is over?” she asked after calming down a bit.

I glared at her, then at him. “ Can I leave?” I asked him. He was about to say something when Andryah interrupted him.

“No way darling. We’ve only just begun. I don’t think Nik told you this but we’ve got a long way to go.” She said with her sinister eyes blazing.

“You bitch.” I thought. In an instant, without warning, she had her hand wrapped around my neck.

She was strangling me and I had no way to stop her. I felt my heart begin to slow, my breathing became shallower. I could hear Klaus’ voice in the background, telling her to stop. I looked at her. Her eyes were filled with hatred. Then all of a sudden, I landed on the floor, grabbing my neck while breathing in sweet gulps of air.

I looked to where she was. She was pinned against the wall by Klaus’, who was staring intently at me as if he was checking to see if I was okay. I looked back at him, then at the floor. I saw Andryah look between me and him.

“You and her? Klaus!” she yelled in surprise.

I helped myself get up and go to the bathroom. In there, I heard Andryah and Klaus go at it, well mostly Andryah. She was screaming and cursing at Klaus.

“What the hell! I’ve been gone almost half a century and you go sleeping around with some slut!” she yelled.

I honestly don’t know why she cared so much.

“Don’t you dare call her that!” Klaus’ loud booming voice came over her. She was quiet for a moment before speaking again.

“What happened to us? I loved you Klaus and I still do. Do you love her?” she asked quieter this time.

There was silence between them. “Oh my God, you do?” Andryah asked. I gasped.

He was silent the whole time. “I can’t believe you! How could you love her!” she stated.

‘We broke up!  You broke up with me! She was there and I fell for her!” he told her angrily.

I couldn’t believe it. He was in love with me. I was in love with him too, which made me hate him because he brought back his evil ex-girlfriend who was jealous of me and tried to kill me 2 minutes ago.

“Fine, I can’t be here. I can’t do this.” She said.

I heard footsteps walk to the door and slam it shut. Someone had left.

“I should go check on her. Damnit Nik you had one job and you screwed it up by falling in love!” I heard Rebekah state.

Then the door slammed again. After a few minutes, I slowly crept out of the bathroom. No one was here except for me. I breathed and turned around to make a run for it.

“You’re not alone.” Katherine said appearing before me.

I gasped and looked at her. “What?” I asked her in shock. I’d completely forgotten that she was here.

“I’d thought you’d left.” I said. “Here.” She said handing me car keys. “He’s in Salem, Oregon. In Witch Field.” She said.

My mind was racing. Was she talking about Damon?

“Yes. Now go. You don’t have that much time.” She said pushing me towards the door.

“Thanks Katherine.” I told her. I was about to turn towards the door when she said, “I’m sorry.” I turned back towards her.

“I forgave you a long time ago Katherine. You and Damon.” I told her.

With those words, I left the hotel room. I ran down to the parking lot and pressed the unlock button on the car keys. A shiny red Porsche lit up at my calling. I quickly got in it, revved up the engine and drove north to my love.