Chapter 9: Secrets Revealed

Angela’s POV (the mom)

Ugh! I hate this job! I work hard, late nights and I don’t even see my kids anymore! I don’t have any friends, except for Mary but I was a total bitch to her. I decided to quit my job. I came home early, around 6:30 am. Adrianna was coming down the stairs when I entered. “Adrian! Time to go!” she yelled. She stopped in her tracks once she took notice of me. “Mom?” she asked questioningly. “Hey. Where are you going?” I asked confused.  “School, mom. It’s Wednesday.” She said. “Oh, okay. I’ll be here. All day.” I said. “Okay. That’s good because I have so much to tell you.” Adrianna replied. “Great, I can’t wait to hear it all.” I gleamed. Then Adrian came down. “Okay, Addy lets go…” he stopped once he saw me. “Mom. What are you doing here? Don’t you have work to do?” he asked bitterly. “Adrian, just be happy that she’s here.” Adrianna stated. “Why should I? She obviously doesn’t care about us if she’s gonna put her job before us.” He said. I was stunned. Does my son hat me now? “Adrianna, its okay sweetheart. I know I’ve been away for a while, but I wanna catch up with you guys.” I said. “Come on, Addy. We’re late for school.” Adrian hissed. He grabbed his backpack and left. Adrianna gave me sad eyes, and then followed him out.

Adrianna’s POV

My mom was home. She had quit her job just to be with us. She should have done that a long time ago. I still wanted answers from her. How have you been? Why didn’t you come home at appropriate times? I was really mad at Adrian for the way he acted towards her. “Adrian, you shouldn’t have done that!” I said. “Why not? She hasn’t been with us for almost a month and a half. She made it clear that she didn’t want to be with us. She just can’t hop back into our lives!”

He said. “Your life Adrian. She can come back to mine.” I stated. “Then don’t be surprised when she bails out when you need her most.” He hissed. I just rolled my eyes.

Angela’s POV (The mom)

I had taken a shower after that terrible confrontation with my children. I went out to the town. I drove to town hall. Mayor Lockwood was waiting for me. So was Lisa Forbes, the town sheriff, and other council members. “Angie, we’ve been expecting you. How have you been?” Mayor Lockwood said. “I’ve been good. How about you?” I asked. “I’ve been great myself.” She answered. “What do you want?” I asked. “We want you to rejoin the council.” She answered. “Why? The last time you wanted me to join was when…” “They’re back Angela. Vampires are in Mystic Falls once again.” Lisa interrupted. “Oh my God, where are they and why are they here?” I asked rapidly. “They’re everywhere. They can walk out in the sunlight. “Liz replied. “Angie, we need you help to fight them.” Mayor Lockwood said. “I can’t. Not this time. I can’t put my children in danger.” I stammered. “Look, a lot has happened since you left. Caroline…she’s one of them.” Liz said. I gasped. “She’s a vampire?” I asked. She nodded. “Yes but she’s good. Although, there are some trouble makers.” Lockwood said. “Like who?” I asked. “Damon Salvatore. He’s a vampire. He has a brother named Stefan, but Stefan’s good. He won't cause any trouble, unlike his brother.” Liz explained. Where have I heard that name before? “He’s dangerous Angie. Stay away from him.” She warned. “Okay.” I agreed.