Chapter 6: Bonfire

Damon’s POV (earlier)

I drove Elena to school. How many times have I been here? But it was nice, seeing all these new faces. Then there was one that stood out. “Hello Adrianna.” I thought. She was talking to her brother. Psycho that guy is. He kissed her forehead and walked away. Now’s my chance. I vampire sped to her locker. “Well it’s nice to see a familiar face around here.” I said. She turned around, obviously stunned. She smiled. “Damon, you go here?” she asked. “No, I’m just here to drop off a friend.” I answered. She looked at me for a while. “Man, so bad boy.” She thought. You have no idea. “Oh, well I have to get to class.” She said. “Let me walk you there.” I said. She smiled. After school, I went home to find out that Elena and Stefan were helping out with the bonfire and I was left to pick little Adrianna.

Adrianna’s POV

I dressed up in black ripped shorts and wore a light blue flannel top. I wore my black converse and took a light hoodie. I quickly headed out the door, being careful so that Adrian wouldn’t catch me, but alas, he was too quick. “Where are you going?” he asked, catching me in the middle of my circus act. I stood up straight. “A party. The bonfire in the woods.” I answered confidently. “Oh, who’s taking you?” he asked. If I told him Damon was taking me, he wouldn’t even let me touch the doorstep. So I lied. “Elena. She’s picking me up.” I said.

He stared at me then agreed. “Okay. Have fun.” He replied. I stepped outside. In my driveway there was a black Porsche, waiting for me. Damon stuck his head out the window. “Hey, you comin’ in or not?” he asked. I rushed to the car and we drove off. When we got to the party, it was crowded and loud. I turned around. Damon wasn’t there anymore. Probably wandered off or something. Then Elena came up to me. “Hey, I’m glad you made it!” she yelled over. “Thanks, this is a great party!” I told. She smiled. “I thought you’d need some company, so this is Bryan.” She said gesturing to Bryan. He was a curly haired blonde with green eyes and a nice body. “Hey, you wanna grab a drink?” he asked nicely. “Yeah.” I answered. He took my hand and led me to the drinks.

We learned a lot about each other. He’s on the football team, defense, and he has a dog named Charlie. We went to play volleyball with the other classmates and our team won. Then Bryan and I went down to the lake. We stripped down to our undergarments. Then we ran into the water. “I haven’t had this much fun in a while.” He said. “Really? Why not?” I asked.  “My parents got divorced when I was 10 years old. I live with my mom.” He replied.  “It’s just nice to tell someone about it.” He added. “It’s okay. My parents are divorced too. It is nice to tell someone about it.” I said. He swam over to me, and then delicately placed his lips on mine. He put his arms around me as the kiss deepened. Then he pulled back and looked at me. I smiled. He smiled also. Then he pulled me back and kissed me again. I could feel someone staring at me, but I didn’t bother to look.

Damon’s POV (earlier)

I had dropped Adrianna off at the party, then I left once I got in. I drove to North Carolina because Katherine had some things to tell me. I met her at the border of NC and Virginia. “Well, well, Damon Salvatore, still looking good as ever.” She said slyly. “Katherine, what do you want?” I asked impatiently. “Okay. You have a new pest in your town.” She answered. “A new pest? No.” I said. “Who just recently moved to Mystic Falls?” she asked. Then I remembered Adrianna. “There’s this girl. Her name is Adrianna. But there’s no way she could be a problem.  She hasn’t shown any signs.” I told her. “How would you know that?” she asked. “I just know. Look, if you’re so sure she’s a problem, I’ll keep an eye on her.” I explained. “Okay, but if something’s, up you need to call me.” She ordered. I nodded. I went back to Mystic Falls to find Adrianna making lip babies with Bryan Crest. “Disgusting.” I whispered.