Chapter 66: One Last Surprise

Damon's POV

It had been a week since we put Adrianna in the ground. I was upstairs in lying on my bed. The bottle of bourbon I was drinking from was near its end. The memories of her turned into nightmares each passing day. I haven't been able to sleep since we put her in the ground. She was everywhere I looked; everywhere I went. I could barely communicate with anyone because of her constant interruptions. Interruptions I enjoyed. Without her, the world was seemed hateful and disgusting. She made death look so peaceful.

 It wasn't the first time I tried to kill myself after she died. Every time I did, Stefan and Elena came right when I was about to be sent off. Then after a couple of hours, they'd come to me and give me a talk. "Adrianna wouldn't want you to do this." "You know better." "Think about the twins" were among the things they would constantly repeat over and over. They still didn't get it. They still had each other, living, being happy and making memories together. Addy wasn't here to do those things with me. I love her and she was everything to me. We were made for each other. Ever since she died, I kept replaying memories of us in my head. I wonder how I could've lived without her this whole time. I wiped the tear that had unknowingly fallen and took the final sip of bourbon. The memory of Klaus came to my mind as I realized that he did this to her. I snapped as I threw the empty bottle of bourbon against the wall. It shattered against it. All of a sudden I heard footsteps and the sound two scared babies crying.

 "Damon what the hell are you doing!" Elena yelled as she slammed my door open.

 We both stared at each other silently as the babies continued to wail. A knock on the door interrupted our stare session.

 "Go answer the door." She whispered as she walked towards the children's' room. I sighed as the knocking got louder. I went downstairs and opened the door. 

"Damon, I just..." Before I knew it, I was holding Katherine's neck in my hand.

 "How dare you come back here? After everything you did! SHE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!" I screamed.

 She kept clawing at my bare arms as red scratches appeared. Her breathing was slowing down and I could hear her vertebrae cracking under my fingers. Stefan came down and pushed me off her, throwing me across the room. She breathed heavily as her body worked quickly to restore itself. 

"Why are you here?" Stefan asked her. 

She looked at me then him. "It's not me you need to worry about." She replied. She gestured to the door and Klaus walked in. I tensed quickly at his presence.

 "Calm down Salvatore, we brought you something." He said. "What could you possibly bring that hasn't caused me enough pain already?" I asked.

 He smiled sinisterly and turned towards the door. I was speechless when I saw who walked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So who do you think it is? Thank you for reading this story! Updates will be arriving regularly from now on! :)