Chapter 17: First Date

Adrianna’s POV

It was Friday night. I was at home, in my living room watching TV, when my phone rang. It was Damon. “Hey.” I said answering. “Hi, I just called to ask you something.” He replied. “What?” I asked. There was a bit of silence, then he sighed. “Will you go on a date with me?” he asked. I smiled. “Yes Damon. I would love to go on a date with you. When and where?” I asked. “Wow.” He said with a sigh of relief. “Okay, um, I’ll take you to dinner. I’ll pick you up at 8.” He answered confidently. “Ok, I’ll see you then.” I said. “Bye.” He said. I hung up. Oh My Gosh, I was going on a date with Damon. My inner goddess screamed.

Few Hours Later( Damon’s POV)

I was in the bathroom, prepping for my date with Adrianna. Then Elena came in. “Well you’re looking dashing for a Friday night.” She complimented. “Yeah, well. It’s for a special occasion. I’m going on a date with Adrianna.” I told her. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree, but quickly turned into a scowl. “Damon, you know she’s our friend, not some skank you pick up.” She said. I turned around to Elena. “How can you even say that? I don’t even think of her that way!” I felt completely offended when she told me that. She was taken back by my comment. “Well ok then. Don’t screw this up Damon. She deserves to be treated nicely.” She recalled. “Okay Elena.” I said. She rolled her eyes, but smiled. “I’m really happy for you Damon.” She praised. Then she walked out. I couldn’t help but smile.

Adrianna’s POV

“OH MY GOSH! What do I wear!” I yelled frustratingly. Surprisingly, my mother came out of nowhere and into my room. “What’s wrong, Addy?” she asked. I had no time to ask what she was doing home. Damon was coming in less that an hour and I was still in my underwear and bra. “I have no idea what to wear!” I yelled, rummaging through a pile of clothes. “Okay, I’ll help you. Where are you going?” she asked calmly. I told her I was going on a date. She helped me pick out a cute blue flowy top with black skinny jeans and black short booties; also accompanied with a black leather cutoff jacket and jewelry accents. I did my hair in long curls and put light make up on. I went downstairs when I heard the doorbell ring. I opened it. Damon looked so handsome, although it felt like it was the wrong word to explain how heavenly he looked in all black. Black shirt, black jeans, black shoes and the hottest leather jacket I had ever seen. Oh and his face, so beautiful and chiseled, his eyes were the brightest icy blue I had ever seen, like blue on fire. His hair, purposely tousled and dark black, almost blue. I don’t know if it was the porch light or if he just looks like this all the time. I now know why girls drool all over him. “Hi” I said breathlessly. He smiled an angels smile and replied the same way. “Uh, you look great.” I said nervously. “Impossible. You look beautiful, as always.” He replied. I blushed and smiled, on the peak of unconsciousness. Why the hell was i feeling this way and why now? “I’m gonna get my things.” I said. He nodded politely and I went to go grab my things when my mother caught me just when I was about to leave. ‘Well I have to meet the lucky guy taking you out!” she said as she went towards the door. Despair and nervousness flooded me. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Damon. “Is he your date? She asked, not taking her eyes off of him. ‘Yes, he is.” I said. Then my mother did the most shocking thing I wouldn’t expect her to do. She extended her hand out to Damon. He, with the same look on his face as I did, weirdly shook her hand. “Take care of her. She’s all I have left.” She said to him. “I’ll do all I can.” Damon promised with a southern drawl. She sighed. “Okay then, have fun.” She said. She kissed my forehead and went upstairs. “Okay, lets go.” Damon said. I smiled.

Damon’s POV (Earlier)

I drove to Adrianna’s house. I was kind of nervous. I’ve been on dates millions of times, but she just made it feel so…special in a way, and I liked it. I knocked on the door. I could hear Adrianna running down from her room. I could hear her heart beating with every step, racing faster as she got closer to the door. She opened it. I froze for 5 seconds in complete awe. Adrianna looked so much beautiful than I’ve ever seen her. Her outfit was beautiful, complementing and revealing every hidden curve on her body. Her hair and make up was so marvelously done, and her faces, oh her pretty face, was so beautiful. She looked like an angel, from her beautiful brown eyes and soft lips. I could hear what she was thinking about me. “Hi.” She said. “Hey” I said breathlessly. She smiled her beautiful smile. “Uh, you look great.” She said. “Impossible, you look beautiful, as always.” I said. She blushed a heavenly color. “I’m gonna get my things.” She said. “Ok.” I said. She skipped upstairs. “Well, I have to meet the lucky guy taking you out!” I heard a familiar voice say. Jesus Christ, it was her mother. I heard really quick footsteps coming down the stairs. I saw Adrianna’s mom, Angela, stop dead in her tracks after she saw me. “What the hell are you doing here, Salvatore?” she thought bitterly in her head.  “I’m Adrianna’s date.” I thought back just as bitterly. “Is he your date?” she asked Adrianna out loud.”Yes, he is.” She answered confidently. Then she extended her hand out to me, which shocked Adrianna. I shook it as odd as it was, especially with the look on Adrianna’s face. “You better protect her with your life. There are bad vampires out there.” Angela thought. “You have my word.” I thought back. “Take care of her, she’s all I have left.” She said. “I’ll do what I can.” I said. She said. “Okay, have fun.” She said to us, kissed Adrianna’s forehead and went upstairs. “it won’t be long till you realize what you are.” Angela thought going up the stairs. What was she talking about? Anyway, I focused on what was important. “Okay, lets go.” I said. Adrianna smiled once again which made me feel so much better.