Chapter 45: Bite From The Dust

Adrianna’s POV

I was in a room. Waiting. Waiting to be called out. Waiting to be useful to someone. Waited for this whole thing to be over so I could go back to my somewhat normal life. Then Rebekah came in.

“You’re up.” She said. I slowly rose up and followed her to the room across the hall. I walked in. There was a coffin in the middle of the room. Around it were candles and chalices. Klaus was in the middle of it all, staring at me.

“Are you ready?” he asked like I had a choice.

“Yes.” I replied.

There was a random witch, murmuring witchy words, while everyone concentrated on the coffin. The louder the witch got, the bolder the flames from the candles did. Suddenly, the coffin opened. There was a lot of dust coming from it, since it was over 500 years old. Klaus went up to it. He stared at the coffin for a moment, before returning to reality. He breathed then called for me.

I was led toward him, where he stood over the open coffin. I couldn’t believe my eyes.

“She looks just like me. She looks exactly like me!” I said.

“Yes, you’re her doppelganger.” Rebekah said calmly. I couldn’t believe it.

“Adrianna, i’m going to need you now.” Klaus said, holding his palm out to me.

I gave him my hand hesitantly, in which he quickly turned over to my wrist. With the quickest slash, he opened my wrist with a slice. Crimson leaked endlessly from it. I looked up at him. I could see the hunger in his eyes, as well as Rebekah’s. He very slowly moved the blood over her silent body. He picked up her wrist and cut it open too, in which where dark red blood leaked out.

I’m surprised she wasn’t just bones. Her skin was in perfect condition, clothes were bright even though they were a bit 16th century. She looked like she’d been buried yesterday. Klaus then took my wrist and joined the cut with her open wound. Then I felt it.

MY blood going through this one little open cut in my body, as if it was draining. Then it stopped. I was panting heavily.

“We’re finished now.” Klaus said absentmindedly.

I just looked at him, recalling what I just went through in my mind.

“Go.” He said more sternly, turning to meet my eyes this time.

I was angry at him. He stole me and made me do this, I happening to fall in love with him along the way. I was handed a towel to wipe the blood from my wrist. The candles had been burned out and the room was a bit lighter than it was before since they opened a window. I could see everyone that participated clearly now.

Standing in the corner, looking lovely as ever was Katherine. She saw me stare at her. What the hell was she doing here? She walked over to Klaus, who in hesitantly leaned over and kissed her. My heart sank. What the fuck was going on! Before I ran over to say something, i blacked out. Just like that, I was gone.