Chapter 54: Explanations

Damon’s POV (Earlier)

It was the welcoming party for Adrianna. Everyone was happy to see her. She looked happy and brought to life. She was talking to Caroline in the living room. She was smiling and laughing along with Caroline. I was staring at her when Stefan pulled me into the study.

“What do you want? Couldn’t you see I was busy?” I asked annoyed.

I went over to the small table and poured myself a drink. He stood back and watched me.

“How’d you get her back Damon?” he asked.I turned to him, remembering how Adrianna and I encountered each other.

“It’s the other way around Stefan. She found me.” I told him.

“Well then how did she find you?” he asked again.

“She found me in a whole, where I was dying due to that wench that we still keep alive for some reason Katherine. Adrianna saved my life Stefan, so I did the same for her.” I replied taking a sip of my bourbon.

Stefan sighed and looked at me. “Well, for the first time, I’m really proud of you Damon. You got your girl back without killing anyone.” He said with a smirk.

“Don’t speak so soon, brother. I’m going to kill Katherine the first time I see her. Then I’ll kill Klaus for what taking her!” I said, smashing my glass in my hand.

“Hopefully, none of them show up. I really don’t want to lose Addy again.” He said pouring himself a drink and giving me a new one.

“Neither do I brother. Neither do i.” I told him.

Later

I hung up my cell phone, trying to call Adrianna for the 3rd time. It wasn’t until I heard her car pull up to the house. I opened the door for her before she could do it herself.

“Hey where were you? I tried calling but you didn’t pick up.” I asked her.

She had a friendly smile on her face when she answered me, telling me to gather everyone in the living room because she had big news, but she was worried. From her blood pressure increasing to her heart rate speeding up, she was worried about something, but I couldn’t tell what. We finally sat down in the living room and Adrianna said her announcement.

“I’m pregnant.” She said.

My mind was blank. I was trying to process the words she had said, but the idea of it was not coming together.

“You’re pregnant.” I said in almost a whisper.

She nodded. There was a bit of silence. Everyone was trying to gather their emotions and thoughts as well. How this was going to impact them and how they would fit into this new incoming life of theirs.

Adrianna was freaking out. She was mentally all over the place. She was going crazy over, trying to decipher what we were thinking, but mainly she was thinking about what I was thinking.

“Who’s the dad?” Stefan spoke up.

That jolted my train of thought. Adrianna and I hadn’t slept together since she came. I was mentally frozen until I realized someone had said something and they were now staring at me.

“We haven’t slept together since she came back.” I answered quietly.I heard Elena ask who the father was.

Klaus was all I heard before I went insane.

Before anyone could gasp at the fact that she was carrying the child of a monster, I grabbed her and vampire sped her to another room. She was stunned for a second once I let her go before turning to yell at me.

“What…What the hell Damon?” she asked.

I stared at her for a while before speaking up.

“Out of all the people…it had to be him?” I asked. She was quiet for a while before she spoke up.

“It was complicated Damon. When I was over there, I fell for him…” I chuckled to myself, cutting her off.

“You fell for him? Oh and let me guess, he fell for you too! Is that what he told you?” I said laughing.

“Damon, you’re being an asshole right now…” she said.

“I think I’m in the right situation to be an asshole Adrianna. The girl I am madly in love with is pregnant with the child of my worst enemy! How do you think that makes me feel…”

“Makes you feel! I already know how it makes you feel Damon! When I found out, the first thing I thought about was you. I feel absolutely guilty for being this careless, but I do not feel guilty for falling in love with him. It was the time where I had left you and I was sad and angry and I was feeling so out of place with my life and he was there.” She said angrily and teary eyed.

I just stared at her in complete disbelief. “Adrianna, please tell me you’re going to get an abortion?” I asked.

She gasped audibly.

“Are you serious Damon! Are you fucking serious!” she yelled.

I just sighed and looked at her. “You can’t have this baby. It’s one thing to spill this story that you fell in love with Klaus, but to have his child? Addy, that’s insane!” I explained.

She was rubbing her tears away. “Do you know how selfish you sound right now? I am having this baby, regardless of who the father is. It deserves the chance to get to live a life and I will give it that life whether you’re standing by me or not!” she said angrily before she stormed out.

I stood in the room, hearing her march down the steps, out the door and driving away in her car.

“What the hell were you thinking Damon!” Elena yelled as she came in the room.

“Jesus Christ.” I murmured.

“I heard that you asshole! Why can’t you just understand? She needs support, especially from you!” she exclaimed.

“Well not right now. I can’t give her my support right now.” I replied while walking down the stairs. I put on my jacket and went out the door, getting in my car and driving away.