Chapter 27: Moving Day

Before Reading! The photo of the ring is on the side! Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days after the confrontation to my mother about me being a witch. The moving truck was finally here and my mother and I were packing up the last few boxes into the moving truck. She closed the back and turned to me.

“Adrianna, are you sure you wanna stay? There’s extra room in the new house.” She said.

“Mom, for the millionth time, I’m going to stay in Mystic Falls with all the vampires, werewolves and supernatural creatures.” I told her.

She sighed and then hugged. “I’m sorry I keep asking. I’ve just lost too many people. Your father, Adrian and now you.” She said tearfully.

“You’re not losing me. I love you mom.” I said. “I have something to show you.” She told me.

She reached into her purse and pulled out a square box. “Open it.” She said handing it to me. I opened it. It was a ring. It had a large oval stone that was a dark pink. It had a gold chain wrapped around it which was curved into some cute hearts around the ring.

“Oh mom, its so beautiful. Is this mine?” I asked in awe.

“Yes. Its not just any ring. It has special magic that protects you.” She answered. “Protects me from what?” I asked.

“Death. You can’t die when you have that ring on.” She said.

I looked at her in awe. “So, I’m immortal when I wear this ring?” I asked her. She nodded.

“Wow. That's…nice?” I said.

“I know it’s too much for you right now. I just wanted you to have it.” She said. “Thank you. I really am going to miss you.” I told her.

She smiled tearfully and hugged me. “Goodbye, Addy.” She whispered in my ear. I gave a her a kind smile when I pulled back.I wiped away my tears and so did she.

“I see Damon’s here to take you to your new home.” She said looking past me. I turned around to see Damon. He had just pulled up in his car.

“Do you mind if I have a few words with him in private?” my mother asked. “Uh, no. That’s fine.” I said.

I motioned for Damon to come to where we were. He arrived and he started talking to my mom while I stood towards the back.

“Thanks Angela. I’ll do my best.” He told her.

I gave my mother one last hug before she left. “Don’t ever take that ring off. Especially at this time!” she warned.

“I won’t. I promise.” I assured her.

She got in her van, gave me one last smile, and drove off. “What did you and my mom talk about?” I asked.

“Eh, you know. Take care of you and make sure Klaus and his minions don’t get you. She told me to protect you with my life.” He answered.

“Wow, she’s really that precautious.” I said.

“No, she’s a mom. A mother leaving her only daughter with supernatural creatures to escape from the strongest supernatural creature, who happens to be coming after her only daughter. She’s very precautious.” Damon answered sarcastically.

“ Well, if you put it that way…” I said. Damon smiled and pulled me into his arms.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Everyone will do their absolute best to not lose you to Klaus. Trust me.” He assured.

“Alright.” I said. He placed a small soft kiss on my lips before putting me in the car.

“So everyone is gonna be there?” I asked him as he got in the car.

“Yup. Everybody.” He answered.

He started the engine and we drove off to my new home.