Chapter 68: Resurrection

Damon's POV

We had all gathered at Adrianna's grave. Klaus, Katherine, and Andryah stood on one side while Elena and Stefan stood on the other. Caroline was at the mansion taking care of the twins. Bonnie was in the middle alongside me. Addy's grave was being dug out by the compelled grave keeper. 

"Well here she is." He said once he was finished.

 Klaus and I brought the coffin to the surface while Katherine fed on the guy. I looked at her. She shrugged. "What I was hungry." She said.

 "You said you were getting the 2nd witch Bonnie. Where is she?" I asked. 

"Calm down. She should be here." She replied. Then from the darkness, the 2nd witch appeared. 

"Angela" I whispered.

 Out came Adrianna's mother. The last time I saw her, she was saying goodbye to her child. 

"I am here to bring back my daughter." She stated coldly. 

"Thank you for doing this. It means a lot." I told her.

 "I'm doing this for Adrianna and those children she left behind. You're the reason she's dead. You all are. I told her to stay away. I told her not to fall in love with the supernatural lifestyle. Now look where she is. In a coffin. I just really hope you guys are worth it to be in her life once more." She said tearfully. 

She walked past me and went to the grave. "Can we begin? It's almost midnight." She asked wiping her tears away.

 Everyone nodded and moved to their places. Bonnie, Andryah and Angela held hands around Adrianna's grave. After Bonnie lit the candles, they said the spell in unison. The candles blazed harder as the girls got louder. Wind picked up and blew leaves around them. Then the coffin opened. Once it opened, the Blackwood witches wrists got deep cut and blood flowed upwards. I could feel the hunger between all the vampires, but no one dared to drink it. My hunger for blood was diminished by what I saw.

 Adrianna's body being levitated out of the coffin. She looked beautiful. It was as if she had just died a couple of minutes ago instead of a few days. The witches talked louder as the wind and candles picked up. I noticed that Adrianna's wrists were cut too. The witch blood had formed into a long stream and was floating towards Adrianna. It had split into two parts and each part entered Adrianna through her open wrists.

 "Damon you be good to her. Don't you dare let her go!" Adriana's Mother shouted over the wind. 

"I promise I will." I whispered.

 As the blood entered Adrianna, Andryah looked turned and looked at us. "We're giving her our blood. She will be immortal from now on." She said. As more and more blood entered Adrianna, I could hear the hearts of the two witches get weaker. Then in unison, they both fell to the ground. Adrianna's body fell into the coffin with a thud.

 I rushed to her coffin and inspected her. She had no cuts or bruises. She was perfect. Though something was different. She had fresh blood in her. Her veins were waking up. Her organs started to work again. Her lungs were breathing. Her heart was beating.

"Adrianna." Is whispered.

 With a quick flutter, her eyes were open. "Damon." She said raspy. I went in to hug her, a tear of mine stained her cheek. 

"God I missed you." I said into her shoulder.

 She held on to me tighter than normal, but I just think it was because we hadn't held each other in almost a month. I pulled back and placed my forehead against hers, looking into her teary eyes. 

"Is this is heaven?" she asked sobbingly.

 "If this is heaven, I don't ever want to go back to Earth." I replied.

 We placed our lips on each other and kissed. This kissed could not be compared to anything I'd ever felt. There weren't sparks but fireworks. My heart didn't race, it won the marathon and continued running forever. Our loved for each other tripled in that moment. The fact that our lives were to never end made us value each other more than we ever could. I could taste the saltiness of her tears as they fell on her soft lips. She pulled away and leaned into my neck. 

"Promise me we'll be together forever." She asked.

 "I made that decision the first day I met you Addy." I answered.

 We held each other for a moment till we heard Angela cough. "Mother?" Adrianna said as she looked over my shoulder.

 I helped her out of the coffin and walked her over to Angela. "Mom are you alright?" Adrianna asked as she knelt by her.

 "I'm just fine baby don't worry about me." She replied with a smile.

 "No. You're dying. We can save you; The vampire blood can save you." Adrianna assured. 

"Addy, I'm going to die. That's okay. I am proud of who you have become and who you will be." Angela complimented.

 "No no no no. You can't die. I need you! You can't die!" Adrianna exclaimed with tears streaming down her face.

 Angela took her hand in hers. "You will do great things. I'll be watching you. I'll be with you. I'm not going anywhere." Angela inspirited.

 Adrianna was crying at this point. Angela opened her arms and Adrianna went inside and laid on her chest. She sobbed into her mother as Angela patted her head and sang a song to her in her ear. Pretty soon, the patting stopped. As did the singing.

 "Mom?" Adrianna asked as she raised her head to examine her mother. Her heart stopped beating and Adrianna was in pieces. 

"Mom. No. Don't go." She whispered as she shook her mother, trying to wake her. 

It was a heartbreaking scene honestly. She shook both of her mothers shoulders, screaming her name. I went to go pull her off, but she brushed me off and laid on her mother's chest sobbing.

 "I'm sorry for all the things I've done." She sobbed more and more into her mother.

 I went in for Addy again, but she just brushed me off. Then I grabbed her. She thrashed against me while I just held her tightly till she stopped and just sobbed into my forearm. I quickly turned her around, and she held me and wept for her dead mother. I picked her up and took her back to the car, sitting in the back as Elena and Stefan drove. Adrianna eventually fell asleep in my arms, sniffles coming out of her once in a while. Regardless of all the events that occurred, I was glad she was back. 

She's in my arms now and I'm never letting go.

~~~~

Hey Guys! I hope you like the update! Unfortunately, this is the last chapter before the final chapter. I am very sad it is ending, but it was an absolute joy to write it! Thank you for staying with this story and look out for the final chapter! -jasmine