Chapter 63:Long Gone

Adrianna's POV

Death was here. I was laying in my room once again. I was weak and frail; almost lifeless. It hurt to think. I could feel my heart slow down and my breathing became shallower with every waking moment. There were only a few people by my bedside. I was getting too weak to keep my eyes open for a certain amount of time. I could see Stefan, Elena and the twins by my bedside. I decided the think that the dark figure hovering in the corner was Damon. I don't think they told anyone I was alive, since I was going to die in less than 24 hours anyway.

"Elena, you've been a good friend and a wonderful companion. Promise me you'll never lose your humanity." I quietly spoke to her. She was surprised that I was speaking in my state, but she grabbed my hand and replied, "Yes" Into a tearful nod.

I had half smiled at her, not having enough energy to make a full one. "Stefan. You are an amazing person. Your time on Earth has done more than enough and I want you to keep continuing your life here. I know my death is going to be hard on all of you, especially Damon. Promise me you'll take care of him when I'm gone. Don't let him join me." I pleaded. He kissed my forehead and nodded.

"Can I hold them?" I asked. Stefan got up and brought back two squirming bundles from the crib. I held them both in each arm. They stared back at me with sadness, as if they knew what was going to happen.

"I know this isn't' how you would want to spend your first days on Earth, but my time to go has come and I'd like to spend my final moments with you. I want you to live your endless lives with respect, gratitude and adventure. Don't take them for granted. Take care of each other and take care of everyone else." I was crying by this point.

They started sobbing too, but it was quiet. They gently reached up and touched my face in sync.

"I love you too." I said tearfully.

My tears spilled as my heart rate dropped. I laid my head back on the pillow and looked at the dark figure move towards me.

"Adrianna, it's time to go." It said.

"I'm ready." I breathily whispered. It reached its hand out to me and I opened my eyes once more to see Damon's bright blue eyes covered with the salty liquid.

"I love you." I whispered to him as I took its hand willfully, ready to move on past this life and start a new afterlife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Guys! Thank you for reading this story! I'm glad you're enjoying it and you find that it is really nice. Unfortunately, i won't be able to update for while because i am moving and i'm going to be staying with my aunt for a while and i don't wanna use her computer to upload this story because i have it saved on my desktop. I use word to write this story because i already have it written down in a book, but for lack of privacy and also having little to no time, i won't be able to update. But it shouldn't take that long till i update again. I am staying with her till mid-June. So if i'm not out before June ends then i will update you on how i'm doing and what's going on. That's why i posted two parts today because we're packing up the computer tomorrow morning, which is 5/30/15. Hopefully you will keep liking the story and commenting because i like it when you guys comment! I hope i'm not gone for too long! Thanks for reading and i love you guys! -Jasmine