Chapter 10: Accident

Adrianna’s POV

School for me was good. The final bell just rang. I had gotten my stuff. I went outside towards Adrian’s car when he whizzed by me with his friends. They all hopped into the truck before I could even touch the door handle. “Adrian! Where are you going!” I yelled at him. “We’re gonna miss the game. Get a ride from Elena!” he yelled before driving off. I went to Elena’s car. “Hey, can I get a ride home? Adrian ditched me for a football game.” I asked. “Sorry, I can’t. I have to go help out on the dance committee for the 50’s dance.” She said apologetically. “Oh, okay. I’ll just go through the woods. My house isn’t even that far.” I said. “Be careful.” She said. I smiled and walked away. The forest was pretty. I wasn’t really afraid of the woods; just what happened here. 

It a bright and sunny day, but the further I got into the woods, the darker it became. It was to the point I couldn’t see the sky because all the trees were covering it. It got really cold, but it was January. I hugged myself for warmth before a crow came out of nowhere and scared me. “Oh, a crow. There’s not that much in this town.” I said to it, and then kept walking. The crow appeared once more. “What do you want crow?” I asked. It just looked at me. “Ugh.” I huffed and walked away from it.  I was walking really fast now. I had lost track of time. I heard a noise. I looked behind me; just plain darkness. I walked off again. Then I heard it again, this time it was closer. It was like a rumbling in the bushes, or like someone was following me. I looked back again. I saw a man, or at least his shadow. I ignored him. I walked. He was following me. I walked faster and he walked faster. Then I ran. He ran too. I got out of the woods, but into the middle of a road. Then there was a car coming.

Damon’s POV

I was driving, trying to find Adrianna. Then she ran out onto the middle of the road. BOOM! I hit Adrianna with my car. “Shit!” I yelled. I ran out of the car. “Adrianna!” I yelled. She was under my car. I pulled her out. “Damon?” she said wearily. She was almost unconscious and had blood running down her head. I backed away for a bit. I took out my phone out and called Stefan. “Stefan, we have a problem.” I said.

Adrianna’s POV

I woke up. I have immediately realized that I wasn’t at home. I jolted up. My head was in instant pain. “Ahh!” I said. “Hey, lay back down.” Damon said appearing out of nowhere. He lightly guided me back to the sofa. “What happened? I was running and then I’m here.” I said. “It really doesn’t matter what happened. Just be glad you’re okay.” He replied. He sat next to me at the end of the couch. I looked around. “Where am I?” I asked. “You’re in my house.” He said. “How did I get here?” I asked. “That doesn’t matter. Why were you walking alone?” he counter asked. I explained why I was walking alone. “Nice place.” I complimented. “Thanks, it’s been in the family for years.” He replied. “Yeah, it’s better than my house.” I said. He smirked at me. “Don’t you have somewhere to be?” he asked. “Yes. My mother is home today.” I said getting up. “Your mom’s here?” he questioned. “Yeah, she quit her job to spend more time with Adrian and I.” I said putting my coat on. “Let me drop you off.” He suggested. I smiled and he drove me to my house. He walked me to the door. I knocked since I didn’t have my key. My mom opened the door. “Adrianna, what happened to you? Where have you been?” she asked frantically, observing the band aid on my head. “Mom, its nothing.” I said reassuringly.  Then her eyes wandered to Damon. “Do you know what happened?” she asked him. “Well she had an accident walking through the woods. Luckily I found her, took her to my house, cleaned her up and brought her here.” He said. “Thank you. I was worried about her.” She said. He smiled that million dollar smile. “No problem.” He said smoothly. Then he walked off to his car. “Wait, I didn’t get your name.” my mother yelled out. “Damon. Damon Salvatore.” He answered. My mothers face went for relief to shock. “Nice meeting you Damon Salvatore.” She said coldly. Before I could say goodbye to Damon, she pulled me into the house. “Mom’ what’s wrong?” I asked her. She took a deep breath. “How long have you been seeing Damon Salvatore?” she asked. “Ever since we came.” I replied. “Do you know what he is?” she asked. “What he is?” I replied. “Sweetheart, he’s a vampire.” She breathed. “Like Edward Cullen?” I asked. She nodded. I laughed. “What? It’s true.” She said. Then she dove into the history of Mystic Falls. How there were witches, werewolves and vampires roaming the streets. I started to believe her.