Chapter 39: Illusions

Adrianna’s POV (Right when she leaves the Salvatore’s)

I couldn’t move. My body was pinned underneath this flipped over car.

“Hello! Can anyone hear me? Please, I need help!” I said.

I turned my head to see my surroundings. A barren road with nothing in sight. Why did the Salvatore’s live so far away from the nearest airport? I screamed help again. I could feel blood rise in my mouth and my chest hurt everytime I took a breath.

I felt my breaths get slower and more distant from each other. I closed my eyes and awaited death.

~~

“She’s never going to unleash her power when she’s in this condition.” An unfamiliar voice said.

“It’s alright. I gave her some of my blood, she’ll be fine. Look, she’s waking up.” Said another unfamiliar voice. 

I slowly opened my eyes. The room I was badly lit. “Adrianna darling, how are you?” said the male on my right.

“I’m fine. My body hurts, but the pain is going away. Who are you and where am I?” I replied.

“My name is Klaus. I’m sure you’ve heard of me. This is my sister, Rebekah. I can’t exactly tell you where you are darling, but you’re in good hands.” He said.

I froze. “Klaus.” I whispered.

He smiled. “Yes. It’s nice to meet you Adrianna. We are going to be spending a lot of time together.” He replied.

I saw the darkness and it welcomed me as I passed out from fright.

Damon’s POV( Present)

“Hello Damon.” Her sinister voice said.

“What the hell are you doing here Katherine!” I hissed through my teeth.

She had some pretty big balls coming back here after what she did to me. “Aren’t you gonna let me in?” she asked smugly.

“No…” “Fine, I’ll let myself in.” she said pushing me aside and making her way to the living room. She poured herself a drink and lounged on the sofa, taking a sip and staring at me.

“You’re not gonna kill me. Not yet. Not until you hear what I have to say.” She said.

There was a moment of silence between us. She stared at me with lust and disappointment while I felt pure raging fury. “Well you look mad.” She stated.

I growled. “Okay, okay. I’ll tell you why I came here.” She said putting her hands up in defeat.

“Why the hell did you do that? We were perfect and you just fucked it up!” I told her.

She just rolled her eyes and sighed. “Damon, I did that to protect Adriana. She was in danger…”

“Danger of what?” I asked.

“You wouldn’t have won. Klaus had hundreds of hybrids, he wouldn’t even have to kill you with his bare hands. He had an army.” She replied.

“So you broke Adrianna and I up because we wouldn’t win a fight? Go back to wherever the hell you came from Katherine! Your bullshit stories don’t work on me.” I spat.

I turned around to leave. “She didn’t make it.” Katherine said.

I stopped and turned on my heel. “What the hell do you mean she didn’t make it?” I asked.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out something. It was the ring Adrianna wore to protect her from the dark magic.

“Her cab was halfway to the airport when It crashed. She died on impact. I’m so sorry Damon.” She apologized.

I couldn’t stop looking at the ring. “…halfway to the airport…killed on impact…I’m so sorry Damon.” Those words rang through my head.

“What’s going on in here?” I heard Elena’s voice ask.

I was too shocked to even answer her question. I felt a stray tear fall down my cheek, followed my multiple tears. I sniffled and wiped them away. I turned around to Elena and Stefan.

“Damon, what’s wrong?” Stefan asked.

I shrugged, then smiled a sad smiled. “Adrianna is…dead.” I chuckled dryly to myself, facing the start of my denial.I heard Elena’s heart skip a beat.

“She’s dead. She’s gone.” I said seriously.

“I don’t believe you. I don’t believe her.” Elena said with tears flowing down her face. She was pointing at Katherine, who slowly handed me the ring. I held the ring up and Elena sobbed, falling into Stefan’s arms, who was also shedding a few tears. I slowly trudged up my room, shut the door and laid on my bed and silently thought about Addy.