Chapter 22: Apologies

Damon’s POV (Earlier)

I woke up to Adrianna’s screaming.“Coming!” she yelled out loud. I opened my eyes.

“Oh God, what time is it?” I asked.

“It’s 6 in the morning and there’s some douchebag who’s ringing the bell and knocking on the door so loudly.” She answered frustratedly.

She tried to get up, but I just couldn’t resist. I pulled her down. She stared at me for a moment before I brought her lips to mine. Her lips felt so soft and innocent. I always liked this feeling; the feelings of being human again; haven’t felt this since 1864, before I was a vampire, when Katherine kissed me. Katherine… I stopped kissing her. I suddenly realized what I was doing.

“Last night was great.” I said. I kissed her once more.

I was actually happy Adrianna and I were a thing. Ever since I got really close to her, I kind of didn’t want any other girls. All I kept doing was thinking about her. She smiled this beautiful smile that made me smile back. The door pounded.

“I should go get that.” She said.

“Yeah.”  I agreed.

She almost ran out the door, before I caught her. “Adrianna, you’re naked.”I  said smirking.

She looked down. She quickly grabbed a robe. She walked towards the door. I appeared before her and I quickly kissed her on the lips. She left and I put my clothes on. I got a text.

“I’m coming in 5 min. Meet me at your house. Important info. *K” said the text.I walked over to the door to drop in on what Adrianna was doing.

“Look Addy, I just wanted to start over with you guys. I go to AA meetings and I got a job. I made enough money to come here…”

“You should have spent it wiser.” Adrianna’s foreign voice replied. She was talking to someone who I did not recognize. I never heard her talk in that tone, but It was pissing her off. I quickly wrote her a note and left her a rose, her favorite flower. I quickly jumped out the window and into my car and drove off.

Few Minutes Later

I arrived and went inside. “There you are.” Katherine said.She was lounging on the couch.

“What do you want to tell me that’s so important?” I asked coldly.

“Now Damon, you’ve only just arrived. Have a drink.” She suggested. She poured me a drink and handed it to me.

“Look, I really don’t want to be here, so can we get this over with.” I said impatiently.

She came closer to me. “Then you wouldn’t have left Adrianna to come here.” She replied. I looked ar her.

“What the hell do you want Katherine?” I asked angrily.

“Well a little birdie told me that Klaus is coming.” She said. I set my glass down. “Do you know why?” I asked.

“Well sources say because of your precious Adrianna.” She answered. Adrianna? What could that bastard want with her?

“I don’t know what that “bastard” wants with her.” She said returning to the lounge chair. Then I remembered her mom. I remembered her saying what she said to Adrianna on our first date, “It won’t be long till you realize what you are.”

Then I said to Katherine, “We should go find Adrianna’s mom.”

Later

 We arrived at Adrianna’s house. Adrianna had left and so did the mysterious stranger.

“So what are we doing here?” Katherine asked.

“Well since Klaus wants something to do with Adrianna and something’s up with her that Klaus so desperately needs, then we need to go to the root. Her mother.” I answered.

We started looking around for anything out of the ordinary. “Is this her mother?” Katherine asked, picking up a framed photo of Adrianna and her mother smiling.

“Yeah, why?” I asked. “I know her. She did a spell for me back in the 80’s.” she replied. “She did a spell for you…”

“Adrianna’s mother is a witch.” She said.